*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Galveston is our go-to for beach day trips, but lately we've been trying out some other beaches in the area that are a little less crowded. Surfside is a little farther for us to drive, but I think I like it better than Galveston, both for the quality of the beach and the lesser crowds. Yesterday we went to High Island, which is east of Galveston. It definitely had less crowds, but I was not as enamored with the beach itself. The sand was mostly crushed shells. The sand along the north Texas coast doesn't compare to the sand on Padre Island, but this was below average even for north Texas. The water and waves were fine. I think we might have gotten better sand if we had been willing to drive farther along the beach, but I was reluctant to do that in a minivan. The beach at High Island is what remains of the former State Highway 87 after it was damaged by Hurricane Jerry in 1989 and finished off by Hurricane Ike in 2008.
    We used to have an annual trip to Galveston which was always fun. I agree, the beaches aren't the best, but it's a good area for the family. My best friend is headed to Surfside this weekend, renting out a VRBO with several of his neighbors.

Comment

• Sitting in an office building! Met my supervisor for the first time. I think we are the only 2 people in the building.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Sitting in an office building! Met my supervisor for the first time. I think we are the only 2 people in the building.
        But u have your cat to type for you, right ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Non Predictive Cat Text
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            But u have your cat to type for you, right ?
            I did just see 3 adult, and 2 baby deer run past the window. That was kinda cool

Comment

• The final episode of Dan Carlin's Supernova in the East podcast about the WWII war in the pacific finally dropped.

This stuff was awesome.

Comment

I did just see 3 adult, and 2 baby deer run past the window. That was kinda cool
                Nature's Pandemic Convalescence
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The final episode of Dan Carlin's Supernova in the East podcast about the WWII war in the pacific finally dropped.

This stuff was awesome.
                  https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
                  I started listening to this, and it's really good. But I had no idea what kind of time commitment I was getting into!

Comment

I started listening to this, and it's really good. But I had no idea what kind of time commitment I was getting into!
                    yeah, that's about 27 hours or so

Comment

• Man, the Dinger thing in Colorado is wild.

Comment

Man, the Dinger thing in Colorado is wild.
                        Yeah. Apparently I am easily convinced in either way. Sucks to be that dude right now, though.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Why would anyone trust a race of shape shifting cars called decepticons?

Comment

Why would anyone trust a race of shape shifting cars called decepticons?
                            New Pixar Cars sequel ?

Comment

• Discussion on the broadcast tonight about whether there is any skill involved in a catcher catching a foul tip. It's a question I've heard many times before and always followed the discussion with interest. But it's obvious to me as I think about it now that there cannot be skill involved. It happens too quickly for the catcher's brain to even process, let alone send any motor commands.

Comment

• Glad to see no one is posting in here on National Lazy Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X