Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But holy crap was a scratched and injured
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• You need some salve for your wounds
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Does my blood linger ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Tonight was garbage night at the casa. Usually I feel good about the amount of garbage we produce. One garbage bag full per pick-up. Pick-up is biweekly. For a family of six, that is not gratuitous, I believe.

But tonight we had five bags. Oof. Brother-in-law and his family visited and it was apparently a trash-fest.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Tonight was garbage night at the casa. Usually I feel good about the amount of garbage we produce. One garbage bag full per pick-up. Pick-up is biweekly. For a family of six, that is not gratuitous, I believe.

But tonight we had five bags. Oof. Brother-in-law and his family visited and it was apparently a trash-fest.
            Do many brother-in laws make gratuitous trash ?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              My compost/recycle to trash ratio must be 5 or higher. Hope someone actually recycles what I put at the curb
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Brother-in-law's Gratuitous Ash-canning

Comment

• Injured cheater McCullers having a nice game. Tiny cheater Altuve is 2-4. Despicable cheater Correa is a piece of shit and has probably done something or other this game. I kind of like Michael Brantley, who is tainted by present association but is a solid player.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I accidentally attempted to double-post, but the bulletin board software caught it.

1) glad we can keep the thread free of gratuitous accidents

2) Does the software ever refuse your "I disagree" posts for being duplicates?

Comment

Tonight was garbage night at the casa. Usually I feel good about the amount of garbage we produce. One garbage bag full per pick-up. Pick-up is biweekly. For a family of six, that is not gratuitous, I believe.

Holy cow, one bag!?!?!?! That is seriously impressive. Seems like my two dogs fill up a whole can every week all by their lonesomes.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Cheater Altuve caught stealing, appropriately enough. Several years too late, though.

Comment

• Probably a pretty good strategy in targeting lower-tier Padres players next year just for the SBs - they lead the league by like 15 SBs over the next team (91 to 76 for Florida Marlins).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Cheater Altuve caught stealing, appropriately enough. Several years too late, though.
                            I mean, he knew they were doing it and he didn't say anything, but I don't know if that makes him a cheater. He was on a team of cheaters, so maybe?

He is still one of the players I respect most out of all I have been around.

Comment

• My household is currently watching (or recently finished) The Bad Batch (awesome Star Wars cartoon), Loki (awesome cartoon-ish comic book thingy.....aw shucks, you guys know about this thing I'm sure), Sweet Tooth (season one just ended and I'm bummed....show is peculiar and neat and obviously cribs off of the COVID pandemic to a certain degree), and the Olympics. Being a former track dude myself, I can't look away when they have track or field events going. I liked the swimming a lot this year, too - the men's 4x100 was incredible. There are things about gymnastics I like but generally I just want to watch the floor routines and the other stuff bores me. I can't even tell why they're getting the scores they're getting unless they clearly fall off the balance bar or something. The USA does not seem to be performing very well, which is too bad. Ol' man patriotism gets woken up in me every four years and I root like a drunken superfan at the hammer throw if our country has someone doing well.

Comment

I mean, he knew they were doing it and he didn't say anything, but I don't know if that makes him a cheater. He was on a team of cheaters, so maybe?

He is still one of the players I respect most out of all I have been around.
                                Welp, hate to say it, but.......

Comment

Working...
                                X