*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I grew up strongly anti-union, but went on a historic white collar strike about 20 years ago. The Slasher is nothing if not unpredictable
    It will all be part of the movie they make about my life and Vintage drafting when AI takes over.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      If you ever want to read an amazing book about a fictional story set during the formative days of the labor movement in the U.S., check out In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck. Just an incredible book, imo.
      Thanks, I really need to read more. I still need to read a Naomi Klein book you recommended like 5 or 10 years ago.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks, I really need to read more. I still need to read a Naomi Klein book you recommended like 5 or 10 years ago.
        I check her twitter occasionally, i think she is in Vancouver BC, or at least interested in British Columbia. Not far from the Slasher's abode
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I read that book on my honeymoon because I am a fucking masochist, apparently. That book was, uh, discouraging to say the least.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• MJL must be hunkered down plotting his reign of terror. Bring it on, I say
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I read way too much. I'm like an addict. Sometimes I sneak off to the bathroom so I can read without anyone bothering me.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I read that book on my honeymoon because I am a fucking masochist, apparently. That book was, uh, discouraging to say the least.
                lol, something about a shock or something. My memory is getting bad
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The Kindle is the single best invention of my lifetime.

Comment

I read way too much. I'm like an addict. Sometimes I sneak off to the bathroom so I can read without anyone bothering me.
                    exactly, I'm "reading"
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

lol, something about a shock or something. My memory is getting bad
                      The Shock Doctrine.

Comment

The Kindle is the single best invention of my lifetime.
                        We got my daughter a kindle like 10 years ago, now it just sits there, battery drained. Temple Run was great while it lasted though
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The Kindle is the single best invention of my lifetime.
                          Given your politics, I'm surprised you would support anything Amazon does.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            Not being a smart ass, but I like Gmail also. But Google is pretty scary. What a world we live in
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not being a smart ass, but I like Gmail also. But Google is pretty scary. What a world we live in
                              I saw an amazing chart the other day about advertising dollars. It showed newspapers vs. facebook and google. I probably dont even need to post it for everyone to know what it looks like
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                Yeah, I was just using "Kindle" in place of "e-reader". I just meant that it's incredible to be able to hold 100+ books in your hand.

Edit: Of course, someone like me with big hands - the biggest hands - could easily hold 100 books if I really wanted to. Probably more. Some people say all aspiring book holders look up to me. I graduated at the top of my class in book holding skewl.

Comment

Working...
                                X