No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My oldest daughter gets a big kick out of every time we have Grey Poupon mustard on the table: "Grey, poop on. Must turd." Never fails to be funny. To her.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      My oldest daughter gets a big kick out of every time we have Grey Poupon mustard on the table: "Grey, poop on. Must turd." Never fails to be funny. To her.
      Classic

I just announce at the table that I'm going to "put some grey poop on" my sandwich.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My oldest daughter gets a big kick out of every time we have Grey Poupon mustard on the table: "Grey, poop on. Must turd." Never fails to be funny. To her.
        Lol...that was me 40 years ago.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

*g.poupon
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            *g.poupon
            Isn't he the coach of the Spurs?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Isn't he the coach of the Spurs?
              If not then he is close

Comment

• Revo taking it to a.vandelay
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Heyelander's comment inspired me to do research. Not a lot of people have actually been convicted of treason in the U.S. This one was kind of interesting

Billy (born c. 1754) was an enslaved man from Virginia who was charged with treason during the American Revolution.[1] He was pardoned in 1781 after a letter was written arguing that, as a slave, he was not a citizen and thus could not commit treason against a government to which he owed no allegiance.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Are we ever gonna do another VD? With the Negro Leagues now included, that could be very interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Are we ever gonna do another VD? With the Negro Leagues now included, that could be very interesting!
                      I would be in as long as we don't start before late September.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Are we ever gonna do another VD? With the Negro Leagues now included, that could be very interesting!
                        I'm in so long as it's an easy one - that last one was just too hard.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I'm in so long as it's an easy one - that last one was just too hard.
                          Pansy

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I would be in as long as we don't start before late September.
                            Yes, late September would work great. I can get the spreadsheet in order, I have a vacation planned, and it's football drafting season.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              Pansy
                              I think that's one of the player nicknames that BB-Ref removed recently.

Comment

• just talking to my coworker... mentioned that I was off to see Ohtani pitch tonight. Dude's from Jamaica, and not into sports, so I doubted he would know who he was. I started to explain a bit, said he was from Japan and was the first player to lead the league in HR's while also being a starting pitcher, since Babe Ruth.

He says, "I'm going to need to look some of these people up."

So I said, "just curious, no judgements, my ethnocentricity showing through, but do you need to look up Babe Ruth" he said yeah. Dude's living in NYC for a few years now. Mind blown. I guess more how ethnocentric we (yes, blaming you all too) can be. I somehow thought Ruth was a universal figure. Guess not.

He told me the only baseball player he had ever heard of was Rube Waddell
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X