No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here in my neck of the woods, the food comes VERY spicy if you so desire. When I traveled, I sought out spicy food all over the world. I can safely say that the food here is spicier than anywhere else I traveled, including India and Thailand. I didn't really go to the culinary hotspots of those countries, though. Mexico has some decent spicy food.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Oprah's spiritual adviser is running for president. We are saved!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Oprah's spiritual adviser is running for president. We are saved!
        Well that is great news !
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It's hard to even imagine a more dangerous President than this one who has consistently ignored, ridiculed, or disparaged his own intelligence agencies and even the people he picked to lead them. It would be bad enough if he kept his idiotic thoughts to himself. Instead, he broadcasts them (spelling errors and atrocious grammar included) to the world. I mean, the Occam's Razor reason for this is that he's just too stupid to even begin to grasp subtlety or nuance. Regardless, he is just an embarrassment. History will judge him and the cousin-fuckers who support him very harshly.
          Headline I just saw: "Trump comes out strongly against intelligence"

Hahaha!

Comment

It sure seems like MLB teams collude when it comes to free agents.
            I've been with two of the 30 teams and in a position to know, and I've seen no evidence of it.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              20 years from now we will be an outlaw group with napkins (thanks Heye !) drafting in an abandoned warehouse in a former manufacturing site. Bookmark this post !
              The AI has already bookmarked it and is coming for you, John Connor.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I've been with two of the 30 teams and in a position to know, and I've seen no evidence of it.
                I mean, '08 Barry Bonds was surely collusion (right?), although that predates your MLB time. I'm guessing if it still exists, and I have no real evidence that it does whatsoever, it's kept tightly under wraps. Written documentation of that kind of thing would be hugely scandalous. Maybe it's just me tilting at windmills since surely a powerhouse like the baseball union would sniff it out. Then again, I sniffed out the fact that the world is flat just by checking out some YouTube videos when all those fancy nerds at NASA couldn't even figure it out for themselves.

Edit: MLB's problematic history with collusion raises suspicion when we have weird offseasons like this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  The AI has already bookmarked it and is coming for you, John Connor.
                  I figures as much. I wonder who will play me in the movie. I hope he is as handsome as i am
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I figures as much. I wonder who will play me in the movie. I hope he is as handsome as i am
                    I wonder even more who will play nullnor. Unless that is also me in a plot twist
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I wonder even more who will play nullnor. Unless that is also me in a plot twist
                      This stuff really stresses me out. So apologies if my draft falls apart from here out
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I mean, '08 Barry Bonds was surely collusion (right?)
                        I don’t ever follow the logic with this

The idea would be that a team wanted to sign Bonds because they thought he would help their team, but they were convinced by their competitors not to do so.

Seems very unlikely.

More likely they just didn’t want the circus that would come with signing him, right??

Comment

• Note for Heye...just walked in on episode from season 8. Vampire dude
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Note for Heye...just walked in on episode from season 8. Vampire dude
                            Benny the vampirate
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

The idea would be that a team wanted to sign Bonds because they thought he would help their team, but they were convinced by their competitors not to do so.

Seems very unlikely.

More likely they just didn’t want the circus that would come with signing him, right??
                              He wasn't good enough to sign and deal with all.the crap ? Haven't really thought about it much
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Seems very unlikely.

I think it's far more likely that the billionaire sewing circle colluded - through informal "gentlemen's agreements" - just like they had for decades previous. The collusion here is blacklisting, also a common practice in baseball and other professional sports. I think we saw the same kind of under-the-table shenanigans when A-Rod was found to be a roider. These guys circle the wagons in times of trouble. I mean, was there anything on earth the owners wanted more than to magically make steroid stuff go away during this time period?

Comment

Working...
                                X