No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Feral. Hope you accept my apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Sorry Feral. Hope you accept my apology.
      Damn you, I went for a walk and was ready to post a lengthy post addressing the situation, against Heye's wishes and my better judgement. But a simple sorry goes a long way with me so I'll not do that and instead just accept your apology and move on. getting along, and accepting apologies and not holding grudges is helpful in living a happier life I think.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Damn you, I went for a walk and was ready to post a lengthy post addressing the situation, against Heye's wishes and my better judgement. But a simple sorry goes a long way with me so I'll not do that and instead just accept your apology and move on. getting along, and accepting apologies and not holding grudges is helpful in living a happier life I think.
        and I will add that I'm sorry if you felt I was insulting or attacking you in what I said. it wasn't meant that way. That whole conversation was very frustrating for me.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

and I will add that I'm sorry if you felt I was insulting or attacking you in what I said. it wasn't meant that way. That whole conversation was very frustrating for me.
          that sounds like a half assed sorry/not sorry apology. I will just say i am sorry.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• now I'm laughing that Revo just closed the thread. If i had a tiny bit of sense I would not have posted anything else there.....er, so maybe a good thing it was closed.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Heard the announcers on the game taliking....Eloy Jimenez autographed jersey for $250?

https://whitesox.auctions.mlb.com/
              back to important stuff, Grandal 225 and Giolito at 300. Probably time for me to make my move
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Sorry, man. These things are really tough and make it hard to take care of one's self, not to mention be able to manage the regular stuff in life. Times are pretty tough for me right now in a similar way, too, so just know that you have a bro out there hoping that everything is okay. Keep on plugging and never be afraid to ask for help if you need it. It's really hard to keep everything straight when dealing with emergent issues like this.
                I showered this afternoon for the first time this week, so I'm gonna count that as a win. Today has been a little better. It feels like this might be doable, even if it won't be easy. I'm mainly concerned after I go home on Friday how my parents and my brother are going to manage. We're trying to figure out procedures for everything. We made some steps toward that today. We got a slide board from the occupational therapist so my dad can slide out of bed and into the wheelchair. And then he can move around the house in the wheelchair himself. Little things like that make a big difference.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  My Dads fallen about 6 times in the last year , he also is on blood thinner, hit his head so had to do the cat scan . It is no fun. All we can do is help out as much as possible and help guide them onward as best we” they can” . Biggest problem in my family is some want to shut him down and have him sit in a chair all day. The one thing he enjoys is his daily walks. So telling him,he can’t go on his walks ( which isn’t going to happen) only adds to the stress. I finally think we siblings ( there are 4 of us) now kind of agree we just have to deal with the consequences of our Parents being old and deal with whatever happens. Prevention is not going to happen.
                  Yeah, that is definitely part of the stress or energy used dealing with that kind of stuff. There are some things that you can't talk an 89-year-old man out of, if he's done them all his life, and if it's not an important matter of safety, I try to respect his wishes rather than treating him like a child. It's like having little children again in one way, but in another way it's not. And that all feels kinda backwards.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Yeah, that is definitely part of the stress or energy used dealing with that kind of stuff. There are some things that you can't talk an 89-year-old man out of, if he's done them all his life, and if it's not an important matter of safety, I try to respect his wishes rather than treating him like a child. It's like having little children again in one way, but in another way it's not. And that all feels kinda backwards.
                    man, there was a lot of stuff I had to talk to my dad and deal with the last month of his life. Not always easy. one not so bad thing i learned was that he needed his drinks ice cold, i mean ice cold. glass put in freezer with ice frozen, add ice, add a tiny bit of mt dew or orange juice. other stuff too, but that is one thing that comes to mind.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I showered this afternoon for the first time this week, so I'm gonna count that as a win. Today has been a little better. It feels like this might be doable, even if it won't be easy. I'm mainly concerned after I go home on Friday how my parents and my brother are going to manage. We're trying to figure out procedures for everything. We made some steps toward that today. We got a slide board from the occupational therapist so my dad can slide out of bed and into the wheelchair. And then he can move around the house in the wheelchair himself. Little things like that make a big difference.
                      funny anecdote about the showering. I certainly have not showered every day like i do if I go in to the office. sometime after a few months my ear wouldn't drain well and water would collect and bug me and made it hard to hear. it would always eventually drain or evaporate. A couple weeks ago it stopped draining and I could hardly hear out of my right ear. I was thinking I had a brain tumor or something bad....but I finally went in to the walk in clinic. They blasted my ear with water. Like four one litre water bottles full. Some nasty shit came out of my ear, I can tell you. But I can now hear. so i was trying to figure out why this happened and coincided with COVID....I think the daily shower must remove a bit of wax each day that I wasn't aware of, and when I showered less it just started to build up. anyway, I can hear now and think I'll try to shower and clean my ears more frequently. Not like anyone cares, ha ha
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

funny anecdote about the showering. I certainly have not showered every day like i do if I go in to the office. sometime after a few months my ear wouldn't drain well and water would collect and bug me and made it hard to hear. it would always eventually drain or evaporate. A couple weeks ago it stopped draining and I could hardly hear out of my right ear. I was thinking I had a brain tumor or something bad....but I finally went in to the walk in clinic. They blasted my ear with water. Like four one litre water bottles full. Some nasty shit came out of my ear, I can tell you. But I can now hear. so i was trying to figure out why this happened and coincided with COVID....I think the daily shower must remove a bit of wax each day that I wasn't aware of, and when I showered less it just started to build up. anyway, I can hear now and think I'll try to shower and clean my ears more frequently. Not like anyone cares, ha ha
                        If I could hear what you said I'm sure I would disagree. But fortunately my ears are full of wax so I didn't hear anything you typed.

Comment

man, there was a lot of stuff I had to talk to my dad and deal with the last month of his life. Not always easy. one not so bad thing i learned was that he needed his drinks ice cold, i mean ice cold. glass put in freezer with ice frozen, add ice, add a tiny bit of mt dew or orange juice. other stuff too, but that is one thing that comes to mind.
                          Relationship with your parents is a weird ongoing thing. As I got older they went from being my parent to a friend and now to us almost like being their Parent. I basically now tell my parents everything. 4 years ago the four of us siblings went to Spring training in Arizona ( it was a blast) no spouses , no kids, and NO Parents - who really wanted to come. They thought we didn’t want them because of us drinking ( they are non drinkers). I told them no we wanted to smoke the green... My sisters try to keep that under wraps, I told her to late you can quit going on rides when you now visit. LOL

On a more serious note my Dad told me years ago I was in charge of his plug if he is on life support because mom won’t pull it and his biggest fear is he will have a stroke like his brother who couldn’t talk his last year of his life. 2 years ago when he passed out on one of his walks and woke up in a cornfield unable to get up. He called mom ( we make him take a phone on his walks) and told her “ I’m in a cornfield some where and can’t get up- slurring his words. She found him - couldn’t get him up called 911 then called me. 40 minutes away saying she thought he had a stroke. As I drove to the hospital I feared the worse and thought about my promise. Luckily when I got there - after they found out he was diabetic and tested for it ,they found his sugar 40 which caused all the issues and has the same issues as a stroke victim. After several hours and his sugar got back to normal we got to go home. I joked with him then - The whole drive down to hospital I was warming up my plug pulling Arm.

I tell him all the time he better go first between him and mom because he will be dead the next day. He sez why- I told him Mom will be ok without him but he doesn’t cook or clean so if she goes first I be there the next night with a Pillow....

Comment

• Happ-heye birthday!

Comment

• Heye-ppy Birthday ! Have a good one
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• thanks. cooked at the soup kitchen in the morning, nice dinner with rjel wife, and then a few hours of work. woot!
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X