*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    which one of you assholes was bidding me up ? Now I'm at 525...ok, it goes to March 28th and there has to be a White Sox fan that will outbid some loser in Seattle just having fun....right ?
    Giolito is only 300, and Grandal 225...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

which one of you assholes was bidding me up ? Now I'm at 525...ok, it goes to March 28th and there has to be a White Sox fan that will outbid some loser in Seattle just having fun....right ?
      Now that I'm in for 525 I guess i need to think how far i really want to go with this. Good thing I have a few days to figure it out
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Now that I'm in for 525 I guess i need to think how far i really want to go with this. Good thing I have a few days to figure it out
        I dont know are you using weekly bids or daily? Surely there's a difference

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I dont know are you using weekly bids or daily? Surely there's a difference
          well done. I'm hoping I don't decide to bid anymore. But 525 for a potential hall of famer autographed jersey wouldn't be the worst thing in the world
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

well done. I'm hoping I don't decide to bid anymore. But 525 for a potential hall of famer autographed jersey wouldn't be the worst thing in the world
            Holding strong at 525 while i endure relentless attacks on pitcher valuation. Hang with me
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

my bid is holding strong for 7 minutes ! I think I got it, lol
              holding a bit too strong...luckily we have a few days for someone to bail me out
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

holding a bit too strong...luckily we have a few days for someone to bail me out
                damn, now I need to watch the white sox tomorrow and hope the announcers draw in a bigger sucker. this will be the funniest thing ever if i end up with this jersey
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I know some of you guys are going through issues with your parents, too, and some of the issues worse than the ones I'm facing, but man, what a day today was. I just need to vent to some sympathetic ears. I'm in Kansas this week to help my parents. My mom got out of the rehab hospital last Friday. Yay! But that same day my dad fell and broke his ankle and ended up back in the hospital. So today we were going to get him out of the hospital to bring him home, which requires helping him move through everything in his daily routine--dressing, bathroom, etc.--without putting any weight on his bad ankle, until it can heal in six weeks or so. And while we were doing that, my mom fell and hit her head. Because she is on blood thinners for her heart issue, she started bleeding like crazy. Not for very long, but there was a scary amount of blood for a little cut on her head. And then we had to take her to get a CT scan because the doctor said there is a chance of stroke when people on blood thinners hit their heads. And then we find out that the wheelchair we rented for my dad is too wide to fit through their bedroom door, so we need to take it back and get a narrower one tomorrow. It's generally just making it a pain to get him around in the house.

And I guess a bunch of people got shot and killed in Boulder? Which makes it an even shittier day. I don't even know how to process that so I'm gonna pretend it didn't happen.

I'm not feeling real great about the world right now. But I guess I just gotta put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    I know some of you guys are going through issues with your parents, too, and some of the issues worse than the ones I'm facing, but man, what a day today was. I just need to vent to some sympathetic ears. I'm in Kansas this week to help my parents. My mom got out of the rehab hospital last Friday. Yay! But that same day my dad fell and broke his ankle and ended up back in the hospital. So today we were going to get him out of the hospital to bring him home, which requires helping him move through everything in his daily routine--dressing, bathroom, etc.--without putting any weight on his bad ankle, until it can heal in six weeks or so. And while we were doing that, my mom fell and hit her head. Because she is on blood thinners for her heart issue, she started bleeding like crazy. Not for very long, but there was a scary amount of blood for a little cut on her head. And then we had to take her to get a CT scan because the doctor said there is a chance of stroke when people on blood thinners hit their heads. And then we find out that the wheelchair we rented for my dad is too wide to fit through their bedroom door, so we need to take it back and get a narrower one tomorrow. It's generally just making it a pain to get him around in the house.

And I guess a bunch of people got shot and killed in Boulder? Which makes it an even shittier day. I don't even know how to process that so I'm gonna pretend it didn't happen.

I'm not feeling real great about the world right now. But I guess I just gotta put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
                    Man that sounds like an awful and incredibly stressful day. Hope people start recovering quickly and you and your family are able to adapt and figure out a plan for how to move forward. Best wishes and hang in there !!
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Man that sounds like an awful and incredibly stressful day. Hope people start recovering quickly and you and your family are able to adapt and figure out a plan for how to move forward. Best wishes and hang in there !!
                      Thank you
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Thank you
                        just remember, things could always be worse... you could be on the hook for a $500 T-shirt.

Who would even think a wheel chair wouldn't fit through doors? You would think this is something they might warn you about when you are choosing one.
                        I hope everyone is doing a bit better today. You're a good egg Mike.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• My supervisor has been in and out the last 2 weeks trying to help her dad who came down with Guillain–Barré syndrome, possibly as a result of his Covid vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            just remember, things could always be worse... you could be on the hook for a $500 T-shirt.

Who would even think a wheel chair wouldn't fit through doors? You would think this is something they might warn you about when you are choosing one.
                            I hope everyone is doing a bit better today. You're a good egg Mike.
                            Thanks for the reminder ! Overnight someone finally topped my bid. Was getting a little worried, lol
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks for the reminder ! Overnight someone finally topped my bid. Was getting a little worried, lol
                              I bet you could bid him up one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                I bet you could bid him up one more time.
                                hold my beer....
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X