X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Fourth largest city in the US, y'all:
    Yeah, what a mess.

And asking people without electricity to boil their water is interesting. Lots of people are going to get sick.

Comment

Texas is down to about 3 million customers without power today, about half of those in the Houston area. So that's an improvement. I guess?

Municipal water systems are being affected. We got a boil-water notice from the City of Houston this morning.
      I'm one of the 1 million today with power!!

And as I type this, 2 of my coworkers just lost power in Fort Worth.

Comment

• I have a great deal of frustration with the "free market" model when it leaves citizens, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, exposed to risks like this on the scale of millions of people because it's not profitable to take care of them. The Republican approach to small government is completely bankrupt. I don't love the Democratic approach, but my word, at least it's an attempt at responsible governance as opposed to naked "let's let the robber barons run things" from the Republicans.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Fourth largest city in the US, y'all:
          So for the important issues I took from this post...

Should it be Ya'll or Y'all?

I've always used the first. Are they interchangeable or is one of us demonstrably wrong?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            So for the important issues I took from this post...

Should it be Ya'll or Y'all?

I've always used the first. Are they interchangeable or is one of us demonstrably wrong?
            The apostrophe is in place of missing letters. So I believe u are wrong. Unless u normally say "ya all" then u might be correct
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              The apostrophe is in place of missing letters. So I believe u are wrong. Unless u normally say "ya all" then u might be correct
              ya all is how I always assumed it was... but then again, I didn't move south until I was 8 so maybe I've been misunderstanding southern culture my whole life.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                ya all is how I always assumed it was... but then again, I didn't move south until I was 8 so maybe I've been misunderstanding southern culture my whole life.
                Maybe you need to consider the contraction "you'll" and how that could be misinterpreted depending on if you use y'all or ya'll ?
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe you need to consider the contraction "you'll" and how that could be misinterpreted depending on if you use y'all or ya'll ?
                  Or just go to wikipedia, L'all
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Glad we are solving the big important issues here today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Glad we are solving the big important issues here today.
                      You aren't accusing us of killing Rush Limbaugh, are you?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You aren't accusing us of killing Rush Limbaugh, are you?
                        No, not ya'll

Comment

• next we can move onto the proper times to use Ya'll or All ya'll

Comment

• You all. Y’all.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The lack of a plural "you" is one of the most glaring deficiencies of the English language.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X