No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having the 100+ foot redwood that is in my front yard taken down today. If you don't hear from me this evening, a tree fell on my house and killed me.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• crazy, they stripped all the limbs off already and are now cutting it down from the top in 3 foot pieces.

Comment

• tree to the left is the one they are ripping down today.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          having the 100+ foot redwood that is in my front yard taken down today. If you don't hear from me this evening, a tree fell on my house and killed me.
          If it's still up in 4 hours call a doctor

Comment

• still alive. tree is gone. they will come back in the next couple of days to do stump grinding. Counted the rings on it and the thing is like 33 years old, and the stump is easily 3+ feet wide. Insane growth on it.

I asked 3 different people for bids on getting rid of it. they came in at 12k, 6k, and 3k. Cutting down a tree seems like a pretty binary outcome. tree is either there or its not. Not sure what I was supposed to get for the extra 9k from the first company. Jen said she thought the expensive company talked about bringing in a bucket crane to cut down the top. These guys just climbed it, cut off all the limbs going up, and then started cutting the trunk from the top down in 3 foot pieces and pushing them off to fall. They made pretty quick work of it, 6 hours with a lunch break. Did a great job of cleaning up too.

Comment

• Everything about this made me laugh.

---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                still alive. tree is gone. they will come back in the next couple of days to do stump grinding. Counted the rings on it and the thing is like 33 years old, and the stump is easily 3+ feet wide. Insane growth on it.

I asked 3 different people for bids on getting rid of it. they came in at 12k, 6k, and 3k. Cutting down a tree seems like a pretty binary outcome. tree is either there or its not. Not sure what I was supposed to get for the extra 9k from the first company. Jen said she thought the expensive company talked about bringing in a bucket crane to cut down the top. These guys just climbed it, cut off all the limbs going up, and then started cutting the trunk from the top down in 3 foot pieces and pushing them off to fall. They made pretty quick work of it, 6 hours with a lunch break. Did a great job of cleaning up too.
                There are just a lot of unscrupulous companies in the business. Those ranges aren't surprising, glad you found the cheap guys and they did a good job. We had a tree company ruin one of our trees through completely irresponsible work, and sued them for $22K (the estimated value to replace the tree, which seemed irreparably harmed after consulting with multiple "tree experts"). And the tree has recovered to boot!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Everything about this made me laugh.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lawrenceh...07169091108864
                  I don't know how many times I can watch this until it doesn't make me laugh. Well into double digits at this point
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't know how many times I can watch this until it doesn't make me laugh. Well into double digits at this point
                    "I'm here live, i'm not a cat"
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Like I'm gonna click through to something. Embed that shit, homeboy.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Like I'm gonna click through to something. Embed that shit, homeboy.
                        Like I am that smart or capable
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Touche
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

How would you feel about playing Ted Nugent on SNL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              How would you feel about playing Ted Nugent on SNL
                              Can u supply the crossbow and guitar ? Need a weeks notice to grow a beard
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Just take a crap in a bag and light it on fire. Voila, Ted Nugent!

Comment

Working...
                                X