• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    thought this was worth memorializing in the bedrock thread of RJ
    Is there still a spot open? I would participate
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I guess u are waiting for the jButt ?
      He's waiting for kButt....
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I thought it was for people who speak Arizona. didn't realize they had their own language
        “Arizona” is a great song by Mark Lindsay. Very AM radio-ish. Lindsay was the lead singer of Paul Revere & the Raiders.....and no, he was not Paul Revere.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          “Arizona” is a great song by Mark Lindsay. Very AM radio-ish. Lindsay was the lead singer of Paul Revere & the Raiders.....and no, he was not Paul Revere.
          It took me about 20 or 30 seconds to recognize. Good old tune
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

PwC had a minimum requirement for LinkedIn contacts, so I just accepted any rando that came in. I never got to the 250 they wanted.

CJ deleted all his social media because they were always up in our shit about how we should be using it to their benefit, and he wasn't having it.

He's not the best company man, other than staying in youth hostels when he travels to save them money.
            Since I worked for big WS firms, I usually only stayed in big hotel chains to get points, like Hyatt. Then one year (I think 1997.....yeeesh I’m old) I got a new boss, and he wanted TO ROOM WITH ME on business trips. What da fuq?

Comment

It took me about 20 or 30 seconds to recognize. Good old tune
              I find 1969 to be the pinnacle of “AM radio hits.” Lots of great forgotten pop hits that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                At my last job my boss told me when I went on trips to eat good- he said he didn’t want to see to many receipts from McDonalds. I went on one trip where one guy told us about 1 business Associate who just got hired and sent to a training session for a week with the Company MasterCard came back with a 800 tab from a Stripper bar!!!!!!
                My first business trip was to a financial conference in Dallas in 1993. I went with my work buddy, who told me he would pay for all the dinners if I would pay for all the drinks. I said, “sounds reasonable!!” LOL.

I submit my expense report to my boss and within an hour I hear a scream from his office: “EDDDDDDD......GET IN HERE NOWWWWWWWWW!” He said, “what the fuq is up with $1,000 in bar tabs??” I had no hesitation in throwing him under the bus. I’m like, “uhhhhh, Mark (my buddy) said to pay for them?” He’s like “Don’t you ever pull this shit again!!!!” Of course, he was a star so he didn’t get in any trouble because he fudged all of his reports with fugazy “meetings for dinner with clients” (and oh, he retired at age 50 after founding a mutual fund company).

Cut to 3 years later, I’m on another business trip (I usually went on only 1-2 a year) with 2 unsuspecting dupes from my firm. I turn the tide and tell them the same: you cover the bar tabs, I’ll pay for the dinners. Bwahahaha.

I submit my expense report, and again:
                “Eddddd, get the fuck in here NOWWWWWWW.”

Turns out going to top shelf steakhouses without clients isn’t a good idea either, lol.

Comment

• @DMT you are up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    @DMT you are up
                    is he still up? It's been nearly 4 hours. He should consult a doctor about that.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

is he still up? It's been nearly 4 hours. He should consult a doctor about that.
                      Man, you were waiting on that joke for a long time. Nicely played.

Comment

Man, you were waiting on that joke for a long time. Nicely played.
                        it's all about timing
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

it's all about the bass
                          Didn't peg you as a Meghan Trainor fan. No judgement though
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Didn't peg you
                            Hey, whatever you are into. No judgement here either.

Comment

Hey, whatever you are into. No judgement here either.
                              Not pegging, apparently???
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not pegging, apparently???
                                exactly.

I won't judge.

Comment

Working...
                                X