No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish this NY Times elections needle had never been invented. I. Just. Can't. Stop.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I really like Warnock from what I have heard him speak. If more Democrats were like him and AOC, I think I could count myself a member. But here in the good ol' US of A, where people worship our military empire and our GDP, that's not going to happen.
      I really don't know anything about either of the Dem candidates....but the Republicans in GA. sounded freaking horrible.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I wish this NY Times elections needle had never been invented. I. Just. Can't. Stop.
        I have never gazed upon it
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I have never gazed upon it
          Election needles - not even once
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Election needles - not even once
            Inject it into your veins....
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I really like Warnock from what I have heard him speak. If more Democrats were like him and AOC, I think I could count myself a member. But here in the good ol' US of A, where people worship our military empire and our GDP, that's not going to happen.
              Pelosi announces additional committee assignments for 117th Congress

Oversight and Reform Committee:
              Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York
              Congresswoman Katie Porter of California
              Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib of Michigan
              Congresswoman Cori Bush of Missouri

Awwwwwwwwww yeah! Katie Porter is amazing (so are the others, but she's a total superstar).

Comment

• 15 days until the deficit is the single most important issue to Republicans again....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I really don't know anything about either of the Dem candidates....but the Republicans in GA. sounded freaking horrible.
                  I listened to some of Warnock's speeches after Loeffler tweeted out sound bites from them. I was very impressed with him. There are definitely a lot of echoes of MLK.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Awwwwwwwwww yeah! Katie Porter is amazing (so are the others, but she's a total superstar).
                    I'm not really familiar with Katie Porter.

Comment

I'm not really familiar with Katie Porter.
                      For a good time, look up some of her cross examination (or whatever they call it in the House) of the big bankers and, best of all, when she used her five minutes' time to get CDC Director Redford to make the dramatic shift to ensuring that all COVID testing would be provided for free. She's brilliant.

Comment

Fantastic!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          so ed, what's the real skinny?
                          Nothing really. Jason decided he wanted to check out permanently from running the site, and asked me to reach out to Todd because he had been interested in taking it over. We had a few Zoom calls, and here we are. I told him I didn’t want a Fanball debacle, and he said it would just be a seamless transition with his members shifting over here if they wanted, since the Mastersball board is kinda dead.

And that’s it really. Takes the pressure off donations keeping the site afloat.

Hard to believe Bhob sold the site to Fanball for a rumored six figures a decade ago. Now, we just give it away!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Nothing really. Jason decided he wanted to check out permanently from running the site, and asked me to reach out to Todd because he had been interested in taking it over. We had a few Zoom calls, and here we are. I told him I didn’t want a Fanball debacle, and he said it would just be a seamless transition with his members shifting over here if they wanted, since the Mastersball board is kinda dead.

And that’s it really. Takes the pressure off donations keeping the site afloat.

Hard to believe Bhob sold the site to Fanball for a rumored six figures a decade ago. Now, we just give it away!
                            Bhob was worth 6 figures, lol
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I've talked to Byron about the fanball sale a few times. He and Bhob split it. I think it was in the mid 5 figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I've talked to Byron about the fanball sale a few times. He and Bhob split it. I think it was in the mid 5 figures.
                                That makes more sense, but still ridiculous. Lord Zola and I had a little chuckle about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X