*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    anyone ever have Pfeffernusse ? There are some at my mom's house, pretty tasty

Pfeffernüsse are tiny spice cookies, popular as a holiday treat in Germany, Denmark, and The Netherlands, as well as among ethnic Mennonites in North America.[1][2][3][4] They are called Pfeffernüsse (plural, singular is Pfeffernuss) in German, pepernoten (sing. pepernoot) in Dutch, päpanät in Plautdietsch, pfeffernuesse or peppernuts in English, and pebernødder in Danis
    Yep, my mom makes peppernuts every Christmas.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I think we get ours from some Kansas relative. Not sure who. tasty enough
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        You mentioned your dad being in the hospital, hope his recovery is going well. I think DMT's brother is also hospitalized, best wishes to DMT as well. What a fucking year.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You mentioned your dad being in the hospital, hope his recovery is going well. I think DMT's brother is also hospitalized, best wishes to DMT as well. What a fucking year.
          Thanks...yeah he's still there, thankfully not in ICU, but on O2 with an oxygenation of 91%.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thanks for asking. My dad came home from the hospital five days ago. He's using the walker to get around the house but in wheelchair for anything more than that. I'm mostly concerned that my mom not do too much to try to take care of him. They have a home health aide who is coming by occasionally, so hopefully that helps.

We're going to go into quarantine at the end of this week, and then go visit them after Christmas. I'm thinking I may not have many more Christmases with my dad around, if any, which is weird thought. He and I are not particularly close, but it is still strange to think about.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Due to availability issues (wtf, ken) we have moved on to the lite Caesar vinaigrette.
              that sounds damn tasty on a wrap.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• SO! Real VD Talk!

MLB elevates Negro Leagues to 'Major League' status, giving 'overdue recognition' to 3,400 players

What does this do for VD? Just looked up Satchel Page, and apparently Negro leagues didn't track earned runs (just runs?) so his lifetime ERA is 0.93 because he's got 1800 Negro League innings with no earned runs listed!

Josh Gibson isn't listed because he never played in MLB (what was considered MLB prior to this). I wonder what BR plans are to add Negro League stats/players.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  SO! Real VD Talk!

MLB elevates Negro Leagues to 'Major League' status, giving 'overdue recognition' to 3,400 players

What does this do for VD? Just looked up Satchel Page, and apparently Negro leagues didn't track earned runs (just runs?) so his lifetime ERA is 0.93 because he's got 1800 Negro League innings with no earned runs listed!

Josh Gibson isn't listed because he never played in MLB (what was considered MLB prior to this). I wonder what BR plans are to add Negro League stats/players.
                  Wow, that's really cool. I'm excited to do another VD now.

Comment

• Paige's ERA and WHIP are actually blank in BR. I just created his ERA off of their IP and ER totals for him.

Comment

Paige's ERA and WHIP are actually blank in BR. I just created his ERA off of their IP and ER totals for him.
                      Do we use RA9 instead?

Comment

• Looking at Revo's last 10 reputation points received, 4 of them are negative from me for nothing other than trying to be helpful and informative around here.

Comment

Looking at Revo's last 10 reputation points received, 4 of them are negative from me for nothing other than trying to be helpful and informative around here.
                          Worth a lot more than 4 negative points imo
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• When did GITH convert to a centrist dem Biden supporter ? Makes my head spin
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

When did GITH convert to a centrist dem Biden supporter ? Makes my head spin
                              Yea, that was abrupt. But it's also partly a reaction to the toxicity that is TW and many on the far left. I know because I used to be one of them.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Yea, that was abrupt. But it's also partly a reaction to the toxicity that is TW and many on the far left. I know because I used to be one of them.
                                I think there is a lot of toxicity in our "normal" government pre and post Trump. But the hot buttons forum isn't going to change that.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X