*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    And if we haven't stopped standing, we are standing still.
    If you don't stop it with those silly quips you're going to keep saying them still.

Comment

I just watched Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, so I'm going to assume your spider is something like the one in that movie.
      LOTR VD14 as Cavebird likes to call it
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Will Smith is going 3+ rounds before Mark Melancon this year. But by all indications this offseason, it's Melancon's job to lose.

Is this simply a skills > role scenario? Granted I'm not at all confident in Melancon but it's odd to see that kind of discrepancy.
        I think everyone other than the Braves knows that Melancon sucks.

I imagine Melancon has a pretty short rope and people are counting on him blowing up early in the year.
        At what point is okay for me to respond to this?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

At what point is okay for me to respond to this?
          Never.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Never.
            If I never stop responding, I'll be responding still.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• But if I never start responding....

Comment

But if I never start responding....
                You'll be not responding still.

Perfect.

Comment

• Today in AmITheAsshole...

r/AmItheAsshole

myhallpassedin3h

AITA for telling my(27M) fiancée(28F) that my theoretical hall pass would be her sister?

I’ve been with my fiancée for 5 years. We rarely fight and we have a lot of trust for each other. She and I are going to married in a couple of months. We have an inside joke together that we’re allowed to fuck whoever we want the night before our wedding. We are both very aware it’s a joke and it’s not something we really want to try.

We haven’t said actual names during the joke, yet but she was curious. She said she knows exactly who she would fuck. I asked her who, she said I’d have to tell her mine first. To be honest I had never really thought about who. But when she asked the first person that came to mind was her sister who is 5 years younger than her. I know this is probably fucked up. I rationalized by thing that since her sister looks like a younger version of her, it’s like I’d just want to cheat on my fiancée with my fiancée when we first met. Which now I realize sounds pretty awful.

I didn’t say, and said I didn’t really know. She didn’t believe me for a second and kept asking. At one point she jokingly said, “Who knows? I might be able to hook you up with her”. I guess she could tell on my face that I felt bad about who I thought. She said it’s okay because it’s just a joke and she wouldn’t be mad. I against my better judgement blurted out her sisters name. She stopped smiling and asked me, “What the fuck did you just say?” I went into panic mode and said the name of a celebrity, that didn’t help the situation.

She was unbelievable upset that I said her sister. I tried to give her my rationalization, and that only upset her more. She was near tears and told me that I was such an asshole. I told her that she said it was a joke, and that She wouldn’t be upset over whoever i said. She said that hers was her hot high school teacher back from back when she was 17, and she couldn’t believe that I wanted to fuck her sister. Until last night I slept on the couch because of it, and she’s still sour to me about it.

Ive talked to some friends about it, my close friends that are women said I’m an asshole. My guy friends said I wasn’t an asshole but I’m stupid.

AITA?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I read the first question and said "yes". It gets maybe a little less clear after reading the full story, but I'm gonna stick with yes.

Comment

I read the first question and said "yes". It gets maybe a little less clear after reading the full story, but I'm gonna stick with yes.
                      I think it's pretty clear throughout...
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I read the first question and said "yes". It gets maybe a little less clear after reading the full story, but I'm gonna stick with yes.
                        they both seem pretty stupid. did they think this conversation would end up as something productive ?
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I think it's pretty clear throughout...
                          Ok, sounds like this isn't a "my friend" story
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            they both seem pretty stupid. did they think this conversation would end up as something productive ?
                            ah, the foolishness of youth

Comment

And I, for one, am good and ready to see Feral's engineer removed from office.
                              I second this opinion.

Comment

I second this opinion.
                                wait, what ? this seems a bit dodgy
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X