No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Freaky!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Nice to see you mate! I've been meaning to pop you a message just to check in.
        Things have been pretty chaotic here between having two kids who are going back to school, work being a lot, and my wife being on her third recovery from shoulder surgery for the year. I actually just resigned my management position and went back to being an engineer because I have to do too much family stuff and can't commit to the meeting schedule. And now I have to drive my younger one to preschool every day so I can't be staying up so late, which means I really ought to be in bed. More tomorrow if I remember.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I've got Sixton sitting in my minors. I need pitching help, but I'm currently sitting in 6th in PONY (15 teams). I'm at 80 points and first is 119. Money at 4th is 101.

My team is shaping up to have a ton of keepers (unusual for my team) and it would benefit me going forward if I did not activate Sixto and kept him in the minors for next season. He probably only gets 3 or 4 more starts right? Is that enough of a difference in this messed up season to call him up?

Comment

I've got Sixton sitting in my minors. I need pitching help, but I'm currently sitting in 6th in PONY (15 teams). I'm at 80 points and first is 119. Money at 4th is 101.

My team is shaping up to have a ton of keepers (unusual for my team) and it would benefit me going forward if I did not activate Sixto and kept him in the minors for next season. He probably only gets 3 or 4 more starts right? Is that enough of a difference in this messed up season to call him up?
            I have him too. Most likely 5 starts, maybe 6 ? Unlikely to top 50 ip. I am in 7th and not too far out of fourth, but I won't activate him. Much more valuablr next year as a rookie
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I have him too. Most likely 5 starts, maybe 6 ? Unlikely to top 50 ip. I am in 7th and not too far out of fourth, but I won't activate him. Much more valuablr next year as a rookie
              I didn't even activate Robert this week. I am pretty conservarive/paranoid about losing rookie eligibility
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm bummed I called up Pearson at the start of the season and got next to nothing out of that. Not sure what to do with that next season.

Comment

I'm bummed I called up Pearson at the start of the season and got next to nothing out of that. Not sure what to do with that next season.
                  I also have Pearson. Might not be a bad keeper depending on your roster.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• on a better note:

Comment

on a better note:

Just 5 weeks away !
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've got Sixton sitting in my minors. I need pitching help, but I'm currently sitting in 6th in PONY (15 teams). I'm at 80 points and first is 119. Money at 4th is 101.

I think he will get 4 more starts unless there is something unusual. He doesn't walk many and seems quite efficient with pitchcount. So it is possible he could exceed 50 IP, but I think it is unlikely. I really hope I can keep him as a rookie
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Read that it's ****ing amazing and hysterical
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• How dare you people ice me
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Are you suggesting that Nully is a bot?

Comment

Working...
                                X