*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sounds like an awesome Lego kit
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      On a more serious note, frae, I hope you will be okay and your school district will be safe. I don't envy you trying to figure out how to handle things, and I wish our governments at every level--local, state, federal, were doing their utmost to help you and give you all the resources, information, funding, and equipment that you need.
      Thanks, I don't know what to expect. It definitely feels like we are flying blind and I genuinely like my school district and I know they are trying to do their best, but it feels like everyone just says we are going back and we will figure it out which isn't exactly inspiring. We will see, my district delayed the start date for student until Aug 31st last week, but we are starting in service Aug 17th as of now. Hopefully they have made some firm choices by Aug 17th so we can at least use the two weeks to get ready, right now I don't know what to even prepare for.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        Thanks, I don't know what to expect. It definitely feels like we are flying blind and I genuinely like my school district and I know they are trying to do their best, but it feels like everyone just says we are going back and we will figure it out which isn't exactly inspiring. We will see, my district delayed the start date for student until Aug 31st last week, but we are starting in service Aug 17th as of now. Hopefully they have made some firm choices by Aug 17th so we can at least use the two weeks to get ready, right now I don't know what to even prepare for.
        that has to be stressful, I hope they come up with a plan that focuses on safety and health. My daughter has almost talked me into letting her go back to LA for school...even though classes will be remote. So hard to assess health risk and balance that with other factors.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I was going to say that your neighborhood has a lot more interesting machinery than mine....then I realized there is a crane about 5 blocks away putting in a light rail station and platform for the tracks.
          pretty sure CJ's closest neighbor is farther than the equivalent of 5 blocks away too.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            I feel like people come up with ideas too with no way or thought of how to pay for any of it. I mean, I'm all for more property taxes if that's what's needed, but I don't think the financial discussion is even being had.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              pretty sure CJ's closest neighbor is farther than the equivalent of 5 blocks away too.
              with a radish farm and chainsaw helicopters I was thinking he didn't live in a densely populated area
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• there are signs all over my neighborhood imploring that we allow high school sports. "Seniors deserve their season!" "Gavin, let them play!" I wonder who is paying for this, and what their business stands to lose.

Comment

I feel like people come up with ideas too with no way or thought of how to pay for any of it. .
                  Let's occupy Afghanistan ! Let's invade Iraq ! Let's build an invisible aircraft carrier !
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I feel like people come up with ideas too with no way or thought of how to pay for any of it. I mean, I'm all for more property taxes if that's what's needed, but I don't think the financial discussion is even being had.
                    well it seems like huge tax increases for households less than 3 people is a good starting point....
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was going to say that your neighborhood has a lot more interesting machinery than mine....then I realized there is a crane about 5 blocks away putting in a light rail station and platform for the tracks.
                      Does the light rail line run to CJ's radish farm?
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

well it seems like huge tax increases for households less than 3 people is a good starting point....
                        Amen! Huge....
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Let's occupy Afghanistan ! Let's invade Iraq ! Let's build an invisible aircraft carrier !
                          This week let's invade Afghanistan and occupy Iraq instead, just to switch things up a little!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Well, if you need a pick me up, you can read these two links. It's the story of a man throwing his steak out the window at a restaurant told two times, once from the perspective of the husband and once from the wife:

Husband's story

Wife's version
                            that was pretty funny. I don't usually read TIFU, but maybe I'll add it.

Comment

Space Force!

Actually, if you haven't watched the Netflix show, Space Force, it's pretty good. I'm usually not a sitcom fan, but this had a nice heart to it as well as being very funny.

Comment

No doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X