*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I think it was. I remember it, and I didn't start until VD VI.
    No... cripes... my drafting skills may suck, but my recall is fantastic...

It was my first one... IV. I think NakedRicci was joining for the first time and with JonCarlos and B-Fly already playing, they joked that the comment thread could blow up and hit 10k posts... EZ took it to heart.

I think the draft line-up was:
    Ike
    Cavebird
    Pogues
    Squid
    Johnny
    amcg
    frae
    The drafter currenly known as CJ
    B-Fly
    NakedRicci
    JonCarlos
    Funkly
    Bogarts
    EZeagle
    Gladheateher
    Heyelander

OneJ was possibly playing as well.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'd be fairly confident to put a few shekels on the table behind VD6 being the big daddy Com thread.

Then again, my memory ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'd be fairly confident to put a few shekels on the table behind VD6 being the big daddy Com thread.

Then again, my memory ...
        are shekels worth more or less than VD Bucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          No no no...a thosand times no
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Only when BFly drafts.

Comment

• Are you guys gonna make me prep a pick on Saturday evening? I normally expect so much less of you.

Comment

Are you guys gonna make me prep a pick on Saturday evening? I normally expect so much less of you.
                Garp is here, so who knows?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I'll pick in the next hour or so.

Comment

Did someone say something about perfect songs?

So this isn't anything I'd call perfect, but it is pretty amazing. I don't know how I stumbled upon this, but i am just fascinated. 1991 Metallica in Moscow. Red Army uniforms, helicopters, and several hundred thousand people hungry to rock.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      So this isn't anything I'd call perfect, but it is pretty amazing. I don't know how I stumbled upon this, but i am just fascinated. 1991 Metallica in Moscow. Red Army uniforms, helicopters, and several hundred thousand people hungry to rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7wqQwa-TU
                      Hadn't heard that song in ages, it popped up on a random Spotify playlist ... had it on repeat all day.

Tip of the Day: if you play an album on Spotify, and then let it finish without having the repeat icon clicked (or just play the last song), Spotify will build a playlist based on that album. You get some pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Hadn't heard that song in ages, it popped up on a random Spotify playlist ... had it on repeat all day.

Tip of the Day: if you play an album on Spotify, and then let it finish without having the repeat icon clicked (or just play the last song), Spotify will build a playlist based on that album. You get some pretty cool stuff.
                        My daughter finally convinced me a needed a spotify account. So I signed up last week. Don't really like the website, hopefully the app is better
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it is season 8 or 9. I'm not even sure what season I jumped in on. They are battling Dick and the Leviathans. I know, I know great name for a band
                          Ugh, you are missing so much lore behind that season...

Sometimes RJEL girl will wander through while I'm watching the show, and I'll feel the need to try to explain it to her... I'm like, So that guy is an angel, but he was in hell for a while, and that girl is the daughter of the guy who's body the angel took over, no, he killed that guy, but the guy didn't mind, but the daughter is angry, so now she lives with this other woman who was a cop that they met while they were killing vampires, and...

the whole back story behind God in the season you are in is simultaneously awesome and ridiculously stupid. I'm sorry you missed it.

Comment

My daughter finally convinced me a needed a spotify account. So I signed up last week. Don't really like the website, hopefully the app is better
                            Never used the website ... just the desktop App and the Mobile App.

No real complaints. needs some work to get everything loaded up and customized ... then it's easy going.

Comment

Ugh, you are missing so much lore behind that season...

Sometimes RJEL girl will wander through while I'm watching the show, and I'll feel the need to try to explain it to her... I'm like, So that guy is an angel, but he was in hell for a while, and that girl is the daughter of the guy who's body the angel took over, no, he killed that guy, but the guy didn't mind, but the daughter is angry, so now she lives with this other woman who was a cop that they met while they were killing vampires, and...

the whole back story behind God in the season you are in is simultaneously awesome and ridiculously stupid. I'm sorry you missed it.
                              I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a TDK Slammer sometime soon. Maybe even a TDK Slammer party for my daughter. Can't let those things sit out too long however.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I know I’m up. I’m out with family at a restaurant. I’ll pick as soon as I get home but it may be a couple hours

Comment

Working...
                                X