*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Cee
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm on Xbox but I've never played multiplayer with it.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• So there is a Steam game that I bought on sale a while ago, but it had difficulties on the machine I played it on.

I finally go to play it on this machine (not high end - about 5 years old), and it is the Japanese-style monster battle arcade game of my dreams: Earth Defense 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair.

Immediate, crazy fun. Then I tried one of the other classes (there are 4). omfg.

Costs ~ $20 when not on sale, 4 years old so it should run on most machines with a graphics card. Steam rating is "overwhelmingly positive". There is multi-player, which must be really fun.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          So there is a Steam game that I bought on sale a while ago, but it had difficulties on the machine I played it on.

I finally go to play it on this machine (not high end - about 5 years old), and it is the Japanese-style monster battle arcade game of my dreams: Earth Defense 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair.

Immediate, crazy fun. Then I tried one of the other classes (there are 4). omfg.

Costs ~ $20 when not on sale, 4 years old so it should run on most machines with a graphics card. Steam rating is "overwhelmingly positive". There is multi-player, which must be really fun.
          Interesting - here it is on sale (the Steam key for the game) for $5.66 - https://www.kinguin.net/category/297...r-steam-cd-key
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Middle of the 7th mission, realized this game is also nightmare fuel.
            "Them" meets "Aliens"
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Wow funny. I played Earth Defense Force a lot on the XBOX with my middle son when he was 4 or 5 (he just turned 10), and we just found the disk the other day and were talking about it.

Very fun game!

Comment

• Managed to load the Lahman database onto an AlterVista.org site. I think it's all there (other than a couple awards tables I had to exclude as their key defn was too large).
                I'm not a php dev but should be able to put something together to browse what all we've got in there.
                It has all the franchise and fielding stuff, so we could do things like restricting positions/franchises to appropriate years. It does not have war, era+, or game-level data. Looks like we've got birthdate and birth country+state. Requiring one from each month of birth could be fun, though it would give the hitters wildcards and not the pitchers.

Comment

• Zero NBA players tested positive for Covid after being tested in their basketball bubble. This is particularly weird, since testing causes case counts to go up, according to some melting-faced pathological liars.

Comment

• I'm not aware of anyone in the MLB protocol who has tested positive after intake where the transmission was from someone else who was also under the protocol.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Do you guys think my face is melting? Be more honest than me, I can take it.

Comment

Do you guys think my face is melting? Be more honest than me, I can take it.
                        You shouldn't have offered to do that interview in the 100 degree heat while wearing all that crazy orange makeup, bro.

Comment

• The interviewer was a Syracuse alum. I needed every edge I could get

Comment

• Haha!

Comment

• I'll remember that next time I get interviewed by Carmelo Anthony (who apparently does not have covid).

Comment

The interviewer was a Syracuse alum. I needed every edge I could get
                                I came in late and was THRILLED you were interviewing somewhere.

now I see...
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X