*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I was layed off in 1995. Almost layed off a time or two after that. About 15% of my co workers getting laid off next week. Just awful especially with the current situatuon
    *laid
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'll take "Things Feral Has Never Been for $200, Alex"
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I was layed off in 1995. Almost layed off a time or two after that. About 15% of my co workers getting laid off next week. Just awful especially with the current situatuon
        I hear you - our department will be cut by about 40%, others have had similar cuts, with two being eliminated altogether. Looks like I'll make it through, but it'll be brutal at the end of the month for a lot of people.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• We had to put our dog to sleep today. She was 12 years old, and her arthritis had progressed to the point where she was in constant pain. Last few days she was on the max dose of painkillers and it still wasn't enough
          So it was time to go, but it is a sad day.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• So crushing. Sorry, man. Dogs are family.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              We had to put our dog to sleep today. She was 12 years old, and her arthritis had progressed to the point where she was in constant pain. Last few days she was on the max dose of painkillers and it still wasn't enough
              Sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is so tough
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Thanks, guys.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Yeah sorry to hear. Glad she got to be with you guys.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I enjoyed VD more than fantasy, though.

My boss at my last pre-baseball employer complained about me spending too much time on VD spreadsheets. That should have been a sign to me about where my heart was, but it took several more years to make the move.
                    That’s funny. I used to do the same at one employer, a major national CPA firm, but I’m pretty sure my boss had no idea what I was doing or what it was. Good thing it was a spreadsheet!

Did your boss know it was non-business related?

Comment

• Oh man, sorry about your dog. My dog died almost a year ago, he just collapsed and died right in front of us at a park. It was horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Oh man, sorry about your dog. My dog died almost a year ago, he just collapsed and died right in front of us at a park. It was horrible.
                        Jesus, man. Really sorry to hear that! Sounds awful.

I had to put down two dogs essentially back to back a few years ago. First one, a sweet black lab, got pancreatitis and wasn't eating. Normally pancreatitis isn't fatal but the fucking moron veterinarian office we went to essentially ignored any diagnosis until it was too late. It was very frustrating. Then, only a few weeks later, my enormous wolf dog who had hip issues for years after getting hit by a car when he was young was having a really tough time walking at all. We also found a tumor on his throat that rapidly grew to the size of a grapefruit in just a couple weeks. He was all kinds of messed up and we had to put him down like two days before we left to travel around the world for 6.5 months. I felt so guilty and had a hard time shaking the feeling that I'd put him down for my own convenience. Of course it was an irrational feeling given the circumstances but the timing of that one really sucked.

George Carlin once said that when you get a dog you are "purchasing a tragedy" because you inevitably outlive them. Man, I feel that one super bad. Still, it's worth it to have these awesome, loving creatures in your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Jesus, man. Really sorry to hear that! Sounds awful.

I had to put down two dogs essentially back to back a few years ago. First one, a sweet black lab, got pancreatitis and wasn't eating. Normally pancreatitis isn't fatal but the fucking moron veterinarian office we went to essentially ignored any diagnosis until it was too late. It was very frustrating. Then, only a few weeks later, my enormous wolf dog who had hip issues for years after getting hit by a car when he was young was having a really tough time walking at all. We also found a tumor on his throat that rapidly grew to the size of a grapefruit in just a couple weeks. He was all kinds of messed up and we had to put him down like two days before we left to travel around the world for 6.5 months. I felt so guilty and had a hard time shaking the feeling that I'd put him down for my own convenience. Of course it was an irrational feeling given the circumstances but the timing of that one really sucked.

George Carlin once said that when you get a dog you are "purchasing a tragedy" because you inevitably outlive them. Man, I feel that one super bad. Still, it's worth it to have these awesome, loving creatures in your life.
                          Thank you. Tragic. Carlin is right. But ultimately, it's still worth it.

Comment

We had to put our dog to sleep today. She was 12 years old, and her arthritis had progressed to the point where she was in constant pain. Last few days she was on the max dose of painkillers and it still wasn't enough
                            Very sorry to hear kev
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• and this is what Placer County thinks of masks. This is the town next to mine...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• What platform do you guys play red dead 2 on? I was thinking of getting it but I'd rather be able to do some train robbery or something after I've gotten the hang of the single-player.
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X