*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I've seen 7, maybe 8 movies in the B&W draft so far. I know I've read All Quiet on the Western Front. I think I saw the movie, but I'm not positive.
    Apparently, none of us are worthy of participating with rhd in this draft.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Every time I log into RJ, I see "BubbaJack" in the Active User list. He's pretty dedicated for being a virtual mute!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Apparently, none of us are worthy of participating with rhd in this draft.
        I've gotten that vibe.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I've seen 7, maybe 8 movies in the B&W draft so far. I know I've read All Quiet on the Western Front. I think I saw the movie, but I'm not positive.
          Turns out I've seen a bunch of them - I kind of had no idea. I still maintain that, on average, acting sucked balls back in the black and white days. Still, some really great movies including just about everything Hitchcock ever did.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• my total soars as I've seen both Clerks and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Every time I log into RJ, I see "BubbaJack" in the Active User list. He's pretty dedicated for being a virtual mute!
              That's Johnny's psycho ex-girlfriend.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Every time I log into RJ, I see "BubbaJack" in the Active User list. He's pretty dedicated for being a virtual mute!
                It's just me and the cirls here in the morning when all y'all are fast asleep.

Comment

• I learned a new word today: febrile.

Hopefully the Feral Slasher does not become the Febrile Slasher.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    I learned a new word today: febrile.

Hopefully the Feral Slasher does not become the Febrile Slasher.
                    i agree

i learned a new word too
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      i learned a new word too
                      oh, what was it ?
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• It's crazy just how overt the effort to suppress votes is. It's been seven years since the ridiculous Supreme Court decision obliterating the Voting Rights Act and just exactly what was feared by those who give a shit about voting has come to bear: hundreds and hundreds of polling locations closed, most often in areas predominantly comprised of people of color, and benefitting Republicans. Texas is the most recent perpetrator of this craziness, having closed 750 locations since 2012. Of course we all saw what Georgia has been trying to pull regarding poll closures in minority neighborhoods. It is so unbelievably anti-democratic that this goes on. If you need to prevent people from voting in order to retain your position, you don't deserve it in the first place. This shit is so blatant. Republicans doing every little thing they can to suppress votes, not even in secret anymore.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          oh, what was it ?
                          Cirls
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Agree with Seitzer about "defund the police". Although I'm very much on board, the concept suffers branding-wise. I would have preferred "demilitarize the police", myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Agree with Seitzer about "defund the police". Although I'm very much on board, the concept suffers branding-wise. I would have preferred "demilitarize the police", myself.
                              Yeah, the ambiguity makes it easy to paint proponents as extremists rather than try to determine if changes to the system are warranted. Seems it is like that for everything these days.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This Trump supporter's vote counts just as much as mine. Why is Bill Gates not in jail? Why is Hillary Clinton not in jail?

Comment

Working...
                                X