*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Protesters showed up to destroy a statue of Onate. Right wing extremists fully decked in semiautomatic weapons and faux-military garb showed up to attack, threaten, and harass people. One of the right wing, unregulated militia types started getting his ass kicked in response so he pulled out a gun and shot someone to death. Not sure if this is the same group that our police department was caught on film cooperating and coordinating with, which drew all the predictable responses about how it was "unofficial" and that they weren't just fellating some white extremists to stir up trouble against the protests. Anyway, the "New Mexico Civil Guard" is not any sort of authority or official group of any kind, just yet another bunch of pretend badasses harassing and threatening people while armed to the teeth.
    That sounds awful. I worry that come November the whole country will look like that.

Comment

Protesters showed up to destroy a statue of Onate. Right wing extremists fully decked in semiautomatic weapons and faux-military garb showed up to attack, threaten, and harass people. One of the right wing, unregulated militia types started getting his ass kicked in response so he pulled out a gun and shot someone to death. Not sure if this is the same group that our police department was caught on film cooperating and coordinating with, which drew all the predictable responses about how it was "unofficial" and that they weren't just fellating some white extremists to stir up trouble against the protests. Anyway, the "New Mexico Civil Guard" is not any sort of authority or official group of any kind, just yet another bunch of pretend badasses harassing and threatening people while armed to the teeth.
      On the positive side, the protester was not shot to death. He remains in critical but stable condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Excel question:
        I've got 100 locations. They are in 5 divisions. they all have a % favorable score on a question (0-100) and I want to make a column bar chart with each of the 100 scores from highest to lowest, and I want the bars to be color coded by division.

So data looks like
        Location A - Division 4 - 100%
        Location F - Division 1 - 99%
        Location AD - Division 4 - 98%
        etc... and I would want both Division 4s to be the same blue color

Any thoughts on how to make that graph?
        This is a blog post that talks about conditional formatting based upon the value being charted, but it seems to me that you could possibly adapt the method to do conditional formatting based upon the value in a different column (i.e., the division).

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          This is a blog post that talks about conditional formatting based upon the value being charted, but it seems to me that you could possibly adapt the method to do conditional formatting based upon the value in a different column (i.e., the division).

https://peltiertech.com/conditional-...-excel-charts/
          I think technique 1 here is what I want, but I'm having trouble implementing it (mostly because the directions say "I am sure you know this technique already." Thanks for that...)

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I think technique 1 here is what I want, but I'm having trouble implementing it (mostly because the directions say "I am sure you know this technique already." Thanks for that...)

https://www.clearlyandsimply.com/cle...oft-excel.html
            So I think the link I pointed you to will go through the details of how to implement that technique. And then your link shows how to adapt that technique to the situation you want.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Yeah the first step is just a matter of pulling the data into separate columns based on which division they are in (which you can do formulaic or manually), once you have that separated, the chart becomes easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                On the positive side, the protester was not shot to death. He remains in critical but stable condition.
                Right, my bad. Someone was shot but not to death.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The difference between the states is night and day when it comes to wearing masks. My brother and sister in law are moving to Arizona and he said no one there is wearing masks at all anywhere. Here, like I mentioned, mask wearing is very high. At least Arizona isn't looking at a second wave staring them in the face or anything, so I'm sure it's fine. All lives matter! Kinda, sorta, sometimes....well, unless it's mildly inconvenient, of course.....
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

The difference between the states is night and day when it comes to wearing masks. My brother and sister in law are moving to Arizona and he said no one there is wearing masks at all anywhere. Here, like I mentioned, mask wearing is very high. At least Arizona isn't looking at a second wave staring them in the face or anything, so I'm sure it's fine. All lives matter! Kinda, sorta, sometimes....well, unless it's mildly inconvenient, of course.....
                    It's infuriating...there are some businesses (like REI) that aren't letting customers in sans masks, but most are and the only folks I'm seeing with masks on are the employees. And I hear Phoenix is even worse.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Yeah the first step is just a matter of pulling the data into separate columns based on which division they are in (which you can do formulaic or manually), once you have that separated, the chart becomes easier.
                      yeah, I got that, but all my locations are bunching up on the left of my chart without listing data.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        It's infuriating...there are some businesses (like REI) that aren't letting customers in sans masks, but most are and the only folks I'm seeing with masks on are the employees. And I hear Phoenix is even worse.
                        Yeah, they're headed out to Phoenix. BIL said mask compliance was near zero for anyone anywhere. It's as if everything was totally fine. Hell, it's as if nothing had ever even happened in the first place.

Comment

yeah, I got that, but all my locations are bunching up on the left of my chart without listing data.
                          Did you set your overlap to 100%? (right click on one of the bars -> format data series, adjust the slider)

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            First viable treatment for the seriously ill discovered

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-patients
                            Oh, is it hydroxycloriquine? For sure it's that, right? I mean, the actual POTUS told us he was taking it and all his propag.....err, news agencies are promoting it, too!

What's that? Oh, the FDA even just rescinded its use even in emergency situations? Wow, that would be so crazy if this guy was just lying to everyone and his sycophants didn't have the spine to stand up. Just imagine....

Comment

• Actually, it's injecting bleach and sticking UVA rays up your ass, right? That'll get the job done. Look into that, you stupid fucking scientists with your political correctness.

Comment

Actually, it's injecting bleach and sticking UVA rays up your ass, right? That'll get the job done. Look into that, you stupid fucking scientists with your political correctness.
                                Hey you were right about the mlb owners - just wanted to come out and say that here since I said the opposite before!

Comment

Working...
                                X