*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    okay, so what is up with Revo's completely blank post? There is all sorts of intrigue in that. I mean, beyond just the thought of "what isn't he saying here" but how did he manage to accomplish it? And what is up with the option to "Mini-quote" it, and all the response options being on the left instead of the right? It's the most unique post on the whole board.

I'm fascinated!

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...l=1#post377747
    It's a tweet by someone called Jeff Passan about chick with dicks.

Comment

Currently watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Realizing how little I know about British history.
      Any good?

The last historical drama I watched was the Wolf Hall miniseries. A masterclass in acting by Mark Rylance.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        It's a tweet by someone called Jeff Passan about chick with dicks.
        ah... my company is blocking twitter so i'm just getting a blank screen.

bummer
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Any good?

The last historical drama I watched was the Wolf Hall miniseries. A masterclass in acting by Mark Rylance.
          it's entertaining. Not sure if it would be more or less interesting to someone who had any clue what was going on.

Mostly it's just following 1 character, born saxon(?) but abducted and raised by Danes as a child, then hijinks ensue and he ends up back with the Saxons(?) fighting the danes and more hijinks ensue.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Scientific proof that alcohol based disinfectants like Bourbon and Gin do reduce the spread of Coronavirus!
            Alas, no. We already had our massive outbreak very early here---right after Mardi Gras.

Comment

it's entertaining. Not sure if it would be more or less interesting to someone who had any clue what was going on.

Mostly it's just following 1 character, born saxon(?) but abducted and raised by Danes as a child, then hijinks ensue and he ends up back with the Saxons(?) fighting the danes and more hijinks ensue.
              Lot's of hijinks then ... is there a little bald man chasing wenches around the tavern at accelerated speed?

Comment

Lot's of hijinks then ... is there a little bald man chasing wenches around the tavern at accelerated speed?
                nah, it's more game of thrones and less benny hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I posted this on May 10. Texas at that time was seeing about 1000 new cases per day. Two weeks later, Texas was still seeing about 1000 new cases per day. In the three weeks since, that rate has steadily increased, and for the past week has been around 1900 new cases per day.

In my personal experience, mask wearing in the stores varies between about 25% and 60%.
                  New Mexico is kicking ass, comparatively speaking. Our governor is just first rate - it's incredible what some decent leadership can do. Mask compliance here is very, very high from what I've seen. I'd guess somewhere around 90% in the places I've been. People without masks are definitely not the norm anywhere. Everywhere I've been, admittedly not very many places at all for some months, there are by far more mask wearers than non. It's reassuring, since our state often is the worst at, well, everything.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The Navajo nation is getting crushed, though. It's like a perfect storm for the virus. It really sucks.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Alas, no. We already had our massive outbreak very early here---right after Mardi Gras.
                      I’ve worked too long in your state to have my conclusion denied. Well, unless you’re blaming me for leaving rum, tequila, and vodka off the list.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I’ve worked too long in your state to have my conclusion denied. Well, unless you’re blaming me for leaving rum, tequila, and vodka off the list.
                        It was really just the use of gin. I've had a low-level pine allergy all my life, and that stuff is just swill to me.

Comment

• First viable treatment for the seriously ill discovered

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            New Mexico is kicking ass, comparatively speaking. Our governor is just first rate - it's incredible what some decent leadership can do. Mask compliance here is very, very high from what I've seen. I'd guess somewhere around 90% in the places I've been. People without masks are definitely not the norm anywhere. Everywhere I've been, admittedly not very many places at all for some months, there are by far more mask wearers than non. It's reassuring, since our state often is the worst at, well, everything.
                            Wtf happened in Albuquerque yesterday w/this NM Civil Guard shooting? Any Burqueños on here?

Comment

• Excel question:
                              I've got 100 locations. They are in 5 divisions. they all have a % favorable score on a question (0-100) and I want to make a column bar chart with each of the 100 scores from highest to lowest, and I want the bars to be color coded by division.

So data looks like
                              Location A - Division 4 - 100%
                              Location F - Division 1 - 99%
                              Location AD - Division 4 - 98%
                              etc... and I would want both Division 4s to be the same blue color

Any thoughts on how to make that graph?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                                Wtf happened in Albuquerque yesterday w/this NM Civil Guard shooting? Any Burqueños on here?
                                Protesters showed up to destroy a statue of Onate. Right wing extremists fully decked in semiautomatic weapons and faux-military garb showed up to attack, threaten, and harass people. One of the right wing, unregulated militia types started getting his ass kicked in response so he pulled out a gun and shot someone to death. Not sure if this is the same group that our police department was caught on film cooperating and coordinating with, which drew all the predictable responses about how it was "unofficial" and that they weren't just fellating some white extremists to stir up trouble against the protests. Anyway, the "New Mexico Civil Guard" is not any sort of authority or official group of any kind, just yet another bunch of pretend badasses harassing and threatening people while armed to the teeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X