No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or just never start a land war in Asia.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      A colonoscopy!?!? You need a different job!
      Best Drugs around. I do it for the drugs everything else is just a bonus!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Or just never start a land war in Asia.
        I finally won at Risk when I followed this advice.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So for all the bellyaching and "hurr durr muh heritage!" nonsense we hear about the Confederacy, it only actually lasted five years. Five. It's all about the racism.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

So for all the bellyaching and "hurr durr muh heritage!" nonsense we hear about the Confederacy, it only actually lasted five years. Five. It's all about the racism.
            And what signal do you think the big brains up in Union states are trying to send when they fly the flag of slavery? You see this thing at nearly every Trump event anywhere. I wonder what the message is? Gee, just support for the most amazing five year period someone else ever experienced 150 years ago......right?

Comment

So for all the bellyaching and "hurr durr muh heritage!" nonsense we hear about the Confederacy, it only actually lasted five years. Five. It's all about the racism.
              Not even five years. The earliest conceivable date for founding was February 4, 1861, and it effectively ended April 9, 1865, with official dissolution in May. That's barely over four years.

Comment

• My father-in-law was (maybe still is) big into the Sons of Confederate Veterans.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    This is all on the owners, fuck them.
                    No kidding. It's even worse now than when I was saying this the first time around, and it was certainly true back then.

Comment

• if Ken joins the black and white movie draft you know he will pick The Wizard of Oz
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        if Ken joins the black and white movie draft you know he will pick The Wizard of Oz
                        That movie's not half bad.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

No kidding. It's even worse now than when I was saying this the first time around, and it was certainly true back then.
                          Yup. When Trevor Bauer sounds more rational and well-reasoned than the owners, it's time to re-examine.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Yup. When Trevor Bauer sounds more rational and well-reasoned than the owners, it's time to re-examine.
                            As Rotoworld noted today, the owners have only been guaranteeing 50% of the prorated salary they've been offering, which apparently is only now being bumped up higher. It's insane.

Comment

As Rotoworld noted today, the owners have only been guaranteeing 50% of the prorated salary they've been offering, which apparently is only now being bumped up higher. It's insane.
                              Agree. The only logic to the madness could be the endgame was always a Manfred-issued season, and if he’d give the players 54ish games, that’d be about 10% higher than the owners offer and the commish could claim he got the players something and that’s the best he could do.

One benefit to all this garbage is now when Tony Clark warns the players that they better be saving every dollar they can this year and next, they just might listen.

Comment

• Gary Sheffield reflecting on when the cops beat the shit out of him and his uncle, Dwight Gooden: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...aseball-racism

I didn’t even know about any of this stuff. Really bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X