No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap, my office is starting to open back up. I've been hesitant to go in. I went into the office yesterday to see how safe it is.

I work on the 32nd floor, and I ended up going to the lobby on 29 to pick up a laptop someone had been using.

Word today is that a lawyer on 29 has a confirmed case of covid, and they are asking people that spent any significant time on 29 in the last week to go get tested and not come back into the office. They aren't asking me to get tested since I only went to the lobby, but damn, this is starting to get worse.

Texas is back over 2K new cases today, again. The county I live in has > 225 new cases today.

I really need to go back to the beach. There have only been 18 TOTAL in that zip code in 3 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Crap, my office is starting to open back up. I've been hesitant to go in. I went into the office yesterday to see how safe it is.

I work on the 32nd floor, and I ended up going to the lobby on 29 to pick up a laptop someone had been using.

Word today is that a lawyer on 29 has a confirmed case of covid, and they are asking people that spent any significant time on 29 in the last week to go get tested and not come back into the office. They aren't asking me to get tested since I only went to the lobby, but damn, this is starting to get worse.

Texas is back over 2K new cases today, again. The county I live in has > 225 new cases today.

I really need to go back to the beach. There have only been 18 TOTAL in that zip code in 3 months.
      I am not looking forward to the day they ask us to show up for work. I suspect it will be sooner than i am comfortable.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I am not looking forward to the day they ask us to show up for work. I suspect it will be sooner than i am comfortable.
        I have been working through this the whole time. Wear a mask , no physical contact and wash your hands like a zillion times. I haven’t come down with even a sniffle and I am in the high risk group. Over 60,diabetic and AFib.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I have been working through this the whole time. Wear a mask , no physical contact and wash your hands like a zillion times. I haven’t come down with even a sniffle and I am in the high risk group. Over 60,diabetic and AFib.
          I took mu daughter to see a doctor today. Everyone in masks and evereone got a temperature check. That really helps for me anyway.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I took mu daughter to see a doctor today. Everyone in masks and evereone got a temperature check. That really helps for me anyway.
            I have gone to Hospital to have a blood test - mask required - ask the 3 standard questions and temperature taken. Had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. Same procedure then they gave a c- pap mask since I have sleep Apnea. I have the same thing every day at work. 3 questions- temp taken and required to wear a mask. I have my regular 4 month check up and sugar test tomorrow with my Dr and they called to remind me to wear my mask.

Comment

I have gone to Hospital to have a blood test - mask required - ask the 3 standard questions and temperature taken. Had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. Same procedure then they gave a c- pap mask since I have sleep Apnea. I have the same thing every day at work. 3 questions- temp taken and required to wear a mask. I have my regular 4 month check up and sugar test tomorrow with my Dr and they called to remind me to wear my mask.
              good to hear, I wish everyone in America wore a mask and took precautions.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                But what about the poor, overlooked middle-aged white men from the upper Midwest?!? They should really control the election, given how poor and overlooked and fragile they are.
                this could lead to an interesting discucssion thread....can you post this in hot topcis ?
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have the same thing every day at work.
                  A colonoscopy!?!? You need a different job!
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

this could lead to an interesting discucssion thread....can you post this in hot topcis ?
                    Can I choose between that and a daily colonoscopy at work?
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I recommend you do both. In the public interest
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Having a "fiesta" at the slasher house tomorrow to keep the spirits up. Sampled some of the tequila tonigjt to make sure it was adequate. Queue the soju post....
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Fortunately i made my pick first, didnt want to violate Revo's rule of drafting
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I already figured that was the kind of thing braves fans do for fun.

Comment

Fortunately i made my pick first, didnt want to violate Revo's rule of drafting
                              Never draft a Sicilian when death is on the line?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Never draft a Sicilian when death is on the line?
                                I have gained a tolerance for Sicilian drafting after having done it little by little, year after year until I became immune to their wiles.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X