No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see the Washington Redskins and Atlanta Braves taking such heroic stances against racism.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So with the world falling down around us I am hesitant to share good news anywhere, but after 17 years of living in a 1300 sq ft townhouse with 5 of us I just dropped a check off as a down payment on a 4 bedroom house. We are building new, about 2 miles from our current house. While we owned our townhouse we bought it at a very low price in 2003 so this whole process has a bit of sticker shock, but it is definitely what we want. Yesterday was my birthday and today I committed to a house, I think I will be drinking again tonight.

Comment

• Damn, that’s one hell of a birthday present! Congrats, bro.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          So with the world falling down around us I am hesitant to share good news anywhere, but after 17 years of living in a 1300 sq ft townhouse with 5 of us I just dropped a check off as a down payment on a 4 bedroom house. We are building new, about 2 miles from our current house. While we owned our townhouse we bought it at a very low price in 2003 so this whole process has a bit of sticker shock, but it is definitely what we want. Yesterday was my birthday and today I committed to a house, I think I will be drinking again tonight.
          Great news, and happy birthday
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So with the world falling down around us I am hesitant to share good news anywhere, but after 17 years of living in a 1300 sq ft townhouse with 5 of us I just dropped a check off as a down payment on a 4 bedroom house. We are building new, about 2 miles from our current house. While we owned our townhouse we bought it at a very low price in 2003 so this whole process has a bit of sticker shock, but it is definitely what we want. Yesterday was my birthday and today I committed to a house, I think I will be drinking again tonight.
            On a roll! VD15 Champ incoming by the sounds of it

Comment

• Congrats, frae!!
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Thanks, everyone I am excited and terrified.

No one needs to worry about me winning VD 15 until today and I was not even clear on the rules. I'll just be happy to play and beat Wayne.

Comment

Congrats I Knew all those years using a Barbie Laptop at the Pony draft would allow you to save money.

Comment

• congrats mate!

You're buying houses and I'm getting attacked by dogs... this doesn't bode well for me.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Nice to see the Washington Redskins and Atlanta Braves taking such heroic stances against racism.
                      I'm holding out hope that last year was the last year for the officially sanctioned tomahawk chop.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        Congrats I Knew all those years using a Barbie Laptop at the Pony draft would allow you to save money.
                        Next to upgrade my computer game for the next PONY draft, or maybe I just bring a big book.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          congrats mate!

You're buying houses and I'm getting attacked by dogs... this doesn't bode well for me.
                          Thanks, that dog attack stuff is crazy, hope you are feeling better. That said maybe it you that are now due by the karmic gods to win VD 15.

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Did that guy take over right after the Vioxx debacle? Hope so - pretty sure that ended up with criminal charges against folks over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Did that guy take over right after the Vioxx debacle? Hope so - pretty sure that ended up with criminal charges against folks over there.

As a lawyer at Drinker Biddle, one of Frazier's clients was Merck & Co., the second-largest drug company in the United States.[5][7] In 1992, he joined Merck & Co.'s public affairs division as general counsel.[5][10] Frazier was named senior general counsel in 1999.[11] As general counsel, he was credited with overseeing the company's defense against claims that the anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx had caused heart attacks and strokes.[7][11][12] Analysts at the time estimated Merck & Co.'s liability to range from 20 to 50 billion dollars.[13] Frazier said the case was "the most significant challenge [he'd] ever faced."[7] He chose to fight all cases in court rather than settle them all quickly.[10] The remaining cases were settled in 2007 for $4.85 billion.[11]

In 2006, Frazier was promoted to executive vice president in addition to his role as general counsel.[11] He led the company's largest group, human health, from 2007 until he was named president of Merck & Co. in April 2010.[5][14] On January 1, 2011, he became CEO and a member of the company's board of directors, replacing former Merck & Co. CEO Richard Clark.[5][15] Frazier is the first African-American to lead a major pharmaceutical company.[3]

As CEO, Frazier has directed the company to take financial risks in developing new treatments.[13] In 2013, he prioritized research funding over meeting the year's earnings target.[10] He has placed special emphasis on improving treatments for Alzheimer's disease. Frazier's father died from Alzheimer's. Frazier has said he is also motivated at Merck & Co. by a desire to improve the lives of people in developing countries.[13]
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X