*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Got bit by a fuckin dog tonight delivering food. Hanging out at urgent care now
    Oh shit! Damn, dude. Was the dog at someone's house?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Oh man that sucks. Hope you are okay.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Geez, that sucks.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

crap, hope it's not bad.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Well, in 1968, there wasn't a pandemic going on or a resulting depression. As scary as it sounds, this might be worse.
            Actually, there was! The Hong Kong Flu pandemic of 1968-1969 started in the US in September 1968.

You don’t hear much, if anything about it today even though it was very deadly. Back then, they just didn’t give two shits.

Comment

Wow...hope you're OK. And hope you don't need to go through a rabies set of shots. Man, they're not as bad as they used to be, but they're still nasty. Five years of delivering newspapers makes me highly sympathetic to your plight here. I still don't trust any breed of Poodle or Beagle, and detest any dogs smaller than 12 pounds. All of those were the worst in my experience, primarily due to the types of owners who had them.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Yikes! Hope you are okay/get better soon!

Comment

• eh, it's pretty minor. I dropped food at the guy's door knocked and walked away. I heard the dog going ballistic inside, but that usually happens when I knock. I was standing out on the sidewalk (I usually hang around until someone acknowledges that I texted or knocked and knows their food is there). Dude opened his door and the dog came flying out past him. I figured it was just going to jump on me and start smelling me or whatever, so I just braced for impact. Fucker (kind of a boxer/terrier looking mix) jumped up and bit me on the right wrist. Nice canine puncture right on the top into the tendon that flexes my wrist up and down. Dog let go pretty quick. I screamed fuck. Guy apologized, thanked me for the food, gave me a tip and dragged the dog into the house.

I wasn't going to go to the Dr. but after reading some stuff I ended up going to urgent care to get it cleaned and a prescription for anti-biotics. They are making me report it, which is a PITA because I lose the info on the customer as soon as I finish the run. So now I have to try to get door dash to share that info, and they are being all cagy (I assume it got escalated to legal) about giving me forms that I can share with law enforcement (I just need to fill out some dog bite report for animal control) so that they can deal with door dash to get the info. I figured out the dude's address by looking it up on my google maps history and then on Zillow, so I think I'm just going to report the address and let other people deal with figuring the shit out.

As for me, clean dressing on my wrist. It's a bit sore, and the Dr. said the next couple of days it would hurt more, but no big deal. Just annoying.

Ah, I did text the guy a picture and told him he needed to be more careful with the dog. He wrote back that the owner said it had never happened before but that he would warn them... So I have a text chain that it actually happened. I don't have the dude's actual number though... Doordash has a anonymized system for contacting customers where I text/call into a DD number and it is forwarded to the customer, so I never see the actual customer's info.

Anything else going on in the world?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• So you have to pay for your own medical costs? Oh, heck, no. I'm not sure how your contractor deal works with Doordash, but if they're not compensating you for your medical costs in this case, you might want to inform them your own lawyer may well get involved.

However, the animal control report....ask them how/when they'll verify the dog is rabies-free. Hopefully, they'll have the vaccination record, but if not, and if the owner has half a brain, it'll get their attention.

Comment

6EBB83D6-FB27-4B6D-AD52-D16C1624B7FD.jpg

Hopefully this wasn’t you

Comment

• eh, I can't imagine a lawyer would cost any less than a trip to urgent care and a $10 script. I guess if I get rabies and die, I'd encourage RJEL girl to pursue action.

Comment

• Any Plaintiff’s lawyer will do this on a contingent basis and you won’t have to pay.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Take it to Judge Wapner!

Comment

eh, I can't imagine a lawyer would cost any less than a trip to urgent care and a $10 script. I guess if I get rabies and die, I'd encourage RJEL girl to pursue action.
                              If you make sure the animal control person follows up on the rabies issue, I'll bet you won't even need a lawyer and they'll come to you to settle. At worst, you'll have confirmation the dog was vaccinated against rabies. At best....well, you'll find out how much they like their dog.

Comment

• yeah, I gotta drive the dog bite report over to the urgent care this afternoon and they are required to submit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X