*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the mother%%%%ing %%%%?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Did not like making that %%%%ing pick ... feels bad man! Couldn't make my mind up. 2010's just seemed so bland with little or no positional choice. So took the only positional player worth a damn. Still feels bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Did not like making that %%%%ing pick ... feels bad man! Couldn't make my mind up. 2010's just seemed so bland with little or no positional choice. So took the only positional player worth a damn. Still feels bad.
        It's odd, because in traditional fantasy the positional scarcity argument has almost gone away (outside of 2 catcher leagues). You'd think that the top players would be spread out more evenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          It's odd, because in traditional fantasy the positional scarcity argument has almost gone away (outside of 2 catcher leagues). You'd think that the top players would be spread out more evenly.
          It's a weird decade ... I've been looking at it a lot, and there are good looking players, but all have flaws in one way or another. Most players have good parts, and then really mediocre parts (well from what's left anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            It's a weird decade ... I've been looking at it a lot, and there are good looking players, but all have flaws in one way or another. Most players have good parts, and then really mediocre parts (well from what's left anyway).
            I noticed this too. Not many guys with good career and BY stats
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              For frae:

Robin Yount Ss 1982

I’m out at lunch but will pick upon returb.
              And you're a returb, too! I can only %%%ume we have descended to making up new words to insult each other now that the language filter is back in force.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I noticed this too. Not many guys with good career and BY stats
                It might look good in 5 or 6 years time when some of these guys flesh out their career stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  And you're a returb, too! I can only %%%ume we have descended to making up new words to insult each other now that the language filter is back in force.
                  I could have fixed it ... but didn't.

Comment

• Man, I have had three guys I have been targeting for what seems like forever. All three are still available. Choices, choices!
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Man, I have had three guys I have been targeting for what seems like forever. All three are still available. Choices, choices!
                      who are they

Comment

who are they
                        I will bet you 20 VD bucks i know one of them
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

who are they
                          Ernie Banks was one of them.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I will bet you 20 VD bucks i know one of them
                            Thanks but my yard isn't big enough to hold 20, especially if they have large antlers. And the venereal diseases would just make me sad for them.

Comment

Thanks but my yard isn't big enough to hold 20, especially if they have large antlers. And the venereal diseases would just make me sad for them.
                              Doe, a deer, a female deer...

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Bradley and Kiner were my two targets for the last couple days (along with Carew but I wanted him later... and I knew that wasn't possible so I gave up on that).

Not sure how high Kiner was on other people's lists but I had him significantly ahead of everyone else in the 40s. I had planned to take him last round, but everyone drafting 1-5 already had a 1940s hitter. So I took the chance. After Kaline was taken, Kiner was on the top of both my 40s and 50s hitters list, so I had my fingers crossed that no one took him for 1951.

I don't think I could have taken Kiner last round and had Bradley in the 11th, since 2 deadball pitchers were taken in between. I guess the gamble worked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X