*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So how do more citizens help ? Allegedly creatr.more production amd food ?
    More citizens = more production potential. More production = faster everything.

Growth early --> later production.

Comment

Think i need to read some civopedia....also, how can u zoom in and out.?
      Mouse wheel?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Mouse wheel?
        What ? Is there a way to zoom the view in and out ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And hoe do u defend against missionaires?
          If you put a missionary of your religion in your city, it cannot be converted by an enemy Prophet / missionary.

You can block them with your units. Unless you are playing the mod i suggest, then you can't. Or is it the other way around? NQmod has constant-civilian-unit cost. The base game mechanic were religious and civilian units scale in cost with era is plain dumb.

Comment

What ? Is there a way to zoom the view in and out ?
            I have never asked myself this question, so I'm not sure ... I'm assuming it is using the mouse wheel that allows you to zoom? It's been a while since i've played, so i'm not 100% ... Bene might be able to help you.

Comment

I have never asked myself this question, so I'm not sure ... I'm assuming it is using the mouse wheel that allows you to zoom? It's been a while since i've played, so i'm not 100% ... Bene might be able to help you.
              Whay is a mouse wheel ?
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Whay is a mouse wheel ?
                The wheely thing on the mouse that allows you to scroll up and down?

Comment

The wheely thing on the mouse that allows you to scroll up and down?

Ok. Was guessing that but on a laptop with no mouse
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm curious what everyone is seeing in their cities and neighborhoods. Are people wearing masks, still obeying social distancing, etc.?

Most of the people in my area had been pretty good about following the protocols for last seven weeks or so, but toward the end of last week it seemed like everyone gave it up en masse. Neighborhood children are playing together again, adults from different households are shaking hands and standing within a couple feet of each other to talk. I made my first trip since this started to the grocery store tonight, and while almost all the employees were wearing masks, only about a third of the customers were, and those who weren't masked weren't staying six feet apart. I'm surprised and disappointed at how fast all the precautions have gone out the window after all the time we spent observing them together.

My church is still closed and being cautious about a reopening plan, but it seems like caution has gone to the wind on an individual level here for most people.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I'm curious what everyone is seeing in their cities and neighborhoods. Are people wearing masks, still obeying social distancing, etc.?

Most of the people in my area had been pretty good about following the protocols for last seven weeks or so, but toward the end of last week it seemed like everyone gave it up en masse. Neighborhood children are playing together again, adults from different households are shaking hands and standing within a couple feet of each other to talk. I made my first trip since this started to the grocery store tonight, and while almost all the employees were wearing masks, only about a third of the customers were, and those who weren't masked weren't staying six feet apart. I'm surprised and disappointed at how fast all the precautions have gone out the window after all the time we spent observing them together.

My church is still closed and being cautious about a reopening plan, but it seems like caution has gone to the wind on an individual level here for most people.
                      I would say 1/3 using masks here would be a good result.

As time wears on, it's inevitable people will get more complacent and impatient.

Comment

I'm curious what everyone is seeing in their cities and neighborhoods. Are people wearing masks, still obeying social distancing, etc.?

I'd say we're at 2/3 masks here. How did you get by without going to a grocery store for so long? I never really stopped, have to eat something. I'm Catholic, so churches are shut down indefinitely for me, not really a question. Then again, I am in one of the hardest hit areas, so people are a little more likely to follow the rules here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I'd say we're at 2/3 masks here. How did you get by without going to a grocery store for so long? I never really stopped, have to eat something. I'm Catholic, so churches are shut down indefinitely for me, not really a question. Then again, I am in one of the hardest hit areas, so people are a little more likely to follow the rules here.
                          75 percent masks in seattle. I went for a hike and no one was wearing them. So i got off the trail when i passes people. I think we are doomed at this poimt to a lot of unnecessary suffering because people womt wear masks for whatever reason. So tragic
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

75 percent masks in seattle. I went for a hike and no one was wearing them. So i got off the trail when i passes people. I think we are doomed at this poimt to a lot of unnecessary suffering because people womt wear masks for whatever reason. So tragic
                            And with 75% masks and lots of people working at home, and most businesses closed we are still just holding steady.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Was texting feral this weekend... maybe 50/50 in grocery stores, less than 10% masked up otherwise. Folsom lake beaches were packed this weekend. We are in trouble 4 weeks from now.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Here in Pennsylvania, I'm pleasantly surprised that almost everyone I've seen at the supermarkets, Home Depot or Lowe's has worn a mask. I would say the non-maskers are less than 1% over the last few weeks (of which I've only gone out a small handful of times, so take it with a grain of salt).

But your anecdote doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. Americans are too dumb to stop this.

Comment

Working...
                                X