*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    It didn't help that when i drafted Mays I had a different 500+ HR guy from the same era's positions in my head. I thought I had my SS and MI done after my first two picks...
    perhaps you are also suffering from the zombie brain wasting disease. Could be spreading thru VD draft board.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The federal government should commission a study to see if Zombies will eat brains at buffets if they've been sneezed on, or if they waste them.
      i think we need a libertarian perspective on this. Can you start a new thread in the hot buttons forum ?
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        perhaps you are also suffering from the zombie brain wasting disease. Could be spreading thru VD draft board.
        thank you for tying my two conversations together... it was getting confusing for me.

I was all ready to draft Griffy instead of Alomar until I had my middle infield crisis of confidence
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

i think we need a libertarian perspective on this. Can you start a new thread in the hot buttons forum ?
          Originally posted by BG
          Zombies will never be truly free if we force them to eat sneezed upon brains...

Comment

• Gonna be a couple hours. Busy day and A friend mom passed and the viewing is tonight. By 9 est.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Gonna be a couple hours. Busy day and A friend mom passed and the viewing is tonight. By 9 est.
              Sorry to hear that, Frae.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Gonna be a couple hours. Busy day and A friend mom passed and the viewing is tonight. By 9 est.
                No worries at all mate. So sorry to hear.

Comment

So sorry to hear that. Be there for your friend and dont worry about VD. It can wait
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Very sorry to hear that.

Comment

• I went back and forth extensively between Walker and Griffey. Ultimately decided to trade off the OBP and insane BY for Griffey's huge career counting stats. We'll see if it was the right call.

Comment

• Condolences frae, like the others said, no rush.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think it is ok if we need to do it for google or facebook access. But if the government forces me it would be very wrong
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it is ok if we need to do it for google or facebook access. But if the government forces me it would be very wrong
                            Eating sneezed upon zombie brains that is
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              From my extremely limited experience it seems like there's a few phases to these drafts. Early on there's a set of players that just outclass their competition, relative to others in the same decades. Then you get to a point where the values are close on a decade by decade comparison, but the shallow positions are starting to get thin, so there's more heightened focus on position. Later on, if you have filled up those weak positions, you can focus on taking just the best pitcher or hitter relative to decade for your specific team goals -- you can start focusing on what you want to do on a category by category basis and let that drive the rest of the draft.
                              The first few rounds are a money grab. After that u need to assess the situation and figure out a strategy. Its pretty hard to compete in every category
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

After that u need to assess the situation and figure out a strategy.
                                Strategy Smategy

Comment

Working...
                                X