*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    thanks all... really not sure what to do today. It feels like I should celebrate or something, but it's the same as every other day in isolation. I'm thinking of working tonight just to get out.
    Placer county is ignoring the order. Gun shops still open....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Happy birthday, vato loco
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Happy Bday big boy.

Comment

• Another idea:
          We take a single mlb year from history and do a league with weekly moves. But we don't use all the weeks (maybe 20/26), and each week is selected at random. We run one week per day.
          Example - 1976. Day one - week 13 comes up in the randomizer - all your active starters get that week's stats. Each team makes any desired roster moves. Day 2 - week 8 is selected, etc. No week can hit twice.

So we would need to download every game for a season, assign them weeks, and calc the aggregates.

If you pick a player that was great when they played, but missed a couple months, you stand a chance to get 0 stats if you activate them. And they will likely become more/less valuable as the weeks are selected.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Another idea:
            We take a single mlb year from history and do a league with weekly moves. But we don't use all the weeks (maybe 20/26), and each week is selected at random. We run one week per day.
            Example - 1976. Day one - week 13 comes up in the randomizer - all your active starters get that week's stats. Each team makes any desired roster moves. Day 2 - week 8 is selected, etc. No week can hit twice.

So we would need to download every game for a season, assign them weeks, and calc the aggregates.

If you pick a player that was great when they played, but missed a couple months, you stand a chance to get 0 stats if you activate them. And they will likely become more/less valuable as the weeks are selected.
            I really like this idea....not really feeling up for a draft for some reason
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I really like this idea....not really feeling up for a draft for some reason
              Doing a Korean or Japanese league also sounds fun
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

thank god and country for small blessings.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

i know i posted this somewhere, but i can't find it now

Comment

• I need to broaden my YouTube horizons. I pretty much just watch heavy metal and punk songs and shows. My newest thing is watching reaction videos of other people watching those same videos.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Another idea:

We could also have a tourament of of one on one contests....Johnny and i still need to have our grudge match
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        I need to broaden my YouTube horizons. I pretty much just watch heavy metal and punk songs and shows. My newest thing is watching reaction videos of other people watching those same videos.
                        I pretty much only watch Youtube and Twitch ... I can suggest some pretty good leftfield Youtube channels.

Comment

• So while I was eating my birthday dinner last night I was regretting how quiet it was. I miss restaurants. I could have put music on, probably should have, and talking to rjel girl is always nice, but I miss the ambient noise. I started thinking about a virtual restaurant channel. People could video in and eat with other people. I thought I would be on, but that would only be for an hour or so a day, and it would be nice if it was open 24 hours for anyone. Twitch isn't the right platform for that right? Thats for people to watch your screen mostly... is there a good platform for this kind of open streaming channel?

Comment

• If anyone has a way to confirm that mjl isn't participating in VD14, then we can get started.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              If anyone has a way to confirm that mjl isn't participating in VD14, then we can get started.
                              I sent him a PM and haven't heard back, so I would assume no.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I sent him a PM and haven't heard back, so I would assume no.
                                I was PM'ing him last week, so he is around ... we can always keep open late entrants until the end of Round 1.

The current 13 participants would make my life very easy ... we had 13 in VD13 also.

Comment

Working...
                                X