*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    As much of a skeptic and pessimist as i am, i am actually pretty cheerful. Keeping everyone upbeat will be challenging. Need to start a risk or monopoly tournament
    Play for bottles of Ken's lite caesar.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The Ken's caesar, much like the "I disagree", is a VD-created meme that I just completely missed somehow. I do remember Ken saying he bitched out halfway through a Ranier hike or something but I'm assuming that's unrelated?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

As much of a skeptic and pessimist as i am, i am actually pretty cheerful. Keeping everyone upbeat will be challenging. Need to start a risk or monopoly tournament
        Is it odd that I'm somewhat looking forward to a lot of time with my family? As long as we are safe that actually sounds really great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Play for bottles of Ken's lite caesar.
          We only have 2 and i was greedy and guzzled them
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I don't really know what to do about the whole coronavirus thing. Obviously it's serious. It's unclear to me whether ultimately basically everyone in the world gets it. That seems kinda bleak, but I'm not optimistic it is containable. I understand the arguments about containment attempts keeping our healthcare system from being overwhelmed even if we can't prevent most people from getting the virus. But I do worry about my parents, who are in their 80s, and whether their best approach is to be hermits for the next two months.

I'm also not wild about working in an industry that pretty much requires huge social gatherings to pay the bills.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Is it odd that I'm somewhat looking forward to a lot of time with my family? As long as we are safe that actually sounds really great.
              No i. agree. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My fear right now is that my daughter gets sick and needs to go in to the hospital. Not afraid of the virus as much as, will she be able to get the care she needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Maybe reach out to JJ, who can reassure you. Hell, he don't even get none of those vacksernashuns anyways and he's just fine!
                  Yeah in normal times i would bump that.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    I don't really know what to do about the whole coronavirus thing. Obviously it's serious. It's unclear to me whether ultimately basically everyone in the world gets it. That seems kinda bleak, but I'm not optimistic it is containable. I understand the arguments about containment attempts keeping our healthcare system from being overwhelmed even if we can't prevent most people from getting the virus. But I do worry about my parents, who are in their 80s, and whether their best approach is to be hermits for the next two months.

I'm also not wild about working in an industry that pretty much requires huge social gatherings to pay the bills.
                    Can sports survive on TV money or does it need the live attendance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The Ken's caesar, much like the "I disagree", is a VD-created meme that I just completely missed somehow. I do remember Ken saying he bitched out halfway through a Ranier hike or something but I'm assuming that's unrelated?
                      Feral decided at some point that Ken was he of Ken's Dressings fame. I don't know if there's more to that or not. He couldn't find Ken's Lite Caesar at his Safeway, and the rest is history.

Comment

My fear right now is that my daughter gets sick and needs to go in to the hospital. Not afraid of the virus as much as, will she be able to get the care she needs.
                        Yeah. Hospitals will be full
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Stay tuned
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah. Hospitals will be full
                            I really hope not but we dont have much time to change some.stuff
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't remember off the top of my head what percentage of the revenue stream comes from TV, but I think it's around 30%. Players get about 55% of the revenue pool, and rent and other labor and fixed costs take up about another 35% of the revenue. It varies from team to team, but it can't survive on TV money for very long. That's MLB. I'm guessing the situation for other major sports is not too different.

Comment

We only have 2 and i was greedy and guzzled them
                                I hope it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X