No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *During* the time when Michael Cohen committed these crimes about which the righteous Republicans are now so aghast with holy horror, Mr. Cohen was a deputy finance director for the Republican party.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• And Elijah Cummings is a national treasure. If you haven't seen his closing remarks, stop what you're doing and take the several minutes to watch. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...hen-testimony/

I mean....damn.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• RJers I have met: Fresno Bob (a couple different times during the glorious griswold card days), Tranagreg, Friarfan, and GitH. I'm super happy to hang with anyone who comes through my neck of the woods anytime, though! I'm moderately nicer in person, so I have that going for me....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          RJers I have met: Fresno Bob (a couple different times during the glorious griswold card days), Tranagreg, Friarfan, and GitH. I'm super happy to hang with anyone who comes through my neck of the woods anytime, though! I'm moderately nicer in person, so I have that going for me....
          You're already moderately nicer than that Devil dude, lol.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Flying out of SFO at 4 pm on the 28th. Which game is yours ?
            Bump for mjl who must not be reading the VD comments anymore

might have to resort to PM
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And Elijah Cummings is a national treasure. If you haven't seen his closing remarks, stop what you're doing and take the several minutes to watch. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...hen-testimony/

I mean....damn.
              that was good. hadn't really heard much about Cummings before today. Interesting to watch Cohen listen to the lecture, Cummings has more faith in second chances than I do....which is probably a good thing.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                You're already moderately nicer than that Devil dude, lol.
                I recall mjl expressing shock that someone who'd met me thought I was a nice guy. I guess I'm not surprised, though. I'm moderately rough around the edges, to say the least. I can't remember exactly who it was --- maybe Tranagreg's girlfriend? They were really sweet people. Took 'em out to some super delicious and authentic New Mexican food.

Comment

I recall mjl expressing shock that someone who'd met me thought I was a nice guy. I guess I'm not surprised, though. I'm moderately rough around the edges, to say the least. I can't remember exactly who it was --- maybe Tranagreg's girlfriend? They were really sweet people. Took 'em out to some super delicious and authentic New Mexican food.
                  I actually remember some comments about that. I think almost everyone probably is a lot nicer in person compared to their worst moments online. Sure hope I am.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• If I've learned one thing in life, it's that things is pretty damn slim pickins by the time you hit round 45 in your NFBC draft. I am seriously considering taking Alex Cobb with my next pick.

Comment

If I've learned one thing in life, it's that things is pretty damn slim pickins by the time you hit round 45 in your NFBC draft. I am seriously considering taking Alex Cobb with my next pick.
                      Seems like a good pick that late in the draft.

Comment

If I've learned one thing in life, it's that things is pretty damn slim pickins by the time you hit round 45 in your NFBC draft. I am seriously considering taking Alex Cobb with my next pick.
                        I think i still own his rights in idle hands
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Code:
                          	Willians Astudillo  	C
                          	Mike Zunino  	C
                          	Matt Olson  	1B
                          	Dee Gordon  	2B
                          	Elvis Andrus  	SS
                          	Nolan Arenado  	3B
                          	Carlos Santana  CI	
                          	Brian Dozier  	MI
                          	Justin Smoak  	UT
                          	Kris Bryant  	OF
                          	Tommy Pham  	OF
                          	Mitch Haniger  	OF
                          	Eloy Jimenez  	OF
                          	Ryan Braun  	OF
                          	Chris Sale  	P
                          	Walker Buehler  P	
                          	Mike Clevinger  P
                          	Sean Doolittle  P
                          	Corey Knebel  	P
                          	Nathan Eovaldi  P
                          	Yusei Kikuchi  	P
                          	Joe Musgrove  	P
                          	Matt Barnes  	P
                          	Domingo Santana (OF) 	RES
                          	Brad Peacock (P) 	RES
                          	Kike Hernandez (2B) 	RES
                          	Freddy Peralta (P) 	RES
                          	Ryan Brasier (P) 	RES
                          	Eduardo Nunez (3B) 	RES
                          	Luke Weaver (P) 	RES
                          	Brandon Lowe (2B) 	RES
                          	Wilmer Flores (1B) 	RES
                          	Chris Iannetta (C) 	RES
                          	Blake Parker (P) 	RES
                          	Framber Valdez (P) 	RES
                          	Robbie Erlin (P) 	RES
                          	Sandy Alcantara (P) RES	
                          	Nathaniel Lowe (1B) 	RES
                          	Jonathan Loaisiga (P) 	RES
                          	John Gant (P) 	RES
                          	Drew Smyly (P) 	RES
                          	Daniel Robertson (2B) 	RES
                          	Grayson Greiner (C) 	RES
                          	Logan Allen (P) 	RES
                          	Jared Hughes (P) RES

Comment

And Elijah Cummings is a national treasure. If you haven't seen his closing remarks, stop what you're doing and take the several minutes to watch. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...hen-testimony/

I mean....damn.
                            With his sense of equanimity and his obvious love of country, he could be a good president. I know he's probably too old for that now, but...yeah.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "Christ has finally delivered us a man of grace in President Donald J. Trump. After 8 long years of Barack Obama's tyrannical rule we have a President who prays like us, serves like us, and looks like us." Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Looks like us.

Comment

Working...
                              X