*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.02 He's a doctor
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• 1.03 He's a soothsayer
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• 1.04 He's giving a TED Talk

You pay to go see TED talks, right?

Comment

• 1.02 Binghamton ain't free
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1.06 This level of shit-poasting isn't free !

Comment

• 1.07 Feral Slasher owes Bill Gates big bucks, and Bill's goons are going to break his kneecaps if he doesn't pay up soon

Comment

• 1.08 Book signings

No, not his books, but he's happy to sign other people's books for cash

Comment

• I asked ChatGPT to tell me a story about paying to see someone, and I got this. What the hell.

Emma Thompson was a high-flying tech entrepreneur with a passion for cutting-edge innovations. Known for her daring ideas and relentless drive, she had recently made headlines with a groundbreaking invention that promised to revolutionize virtual reality. The buzz around her was palpable, and everyone in the tech world was eager to hear her speak.

Jake, a young tech enthusiast, had always admired Emma from afar. His small startup was working on a project that, while promising, was struggling to gain traction. Jake knew that Emma’s insights could provide the breakthrough he needed. When he discovered that Emma was coming to town for an exclusive keynote speech and networking event, he knew he couldn’t miss it. However, the tickets were pricey—far more than he could comfortably afford.

Determined not to let this opportunity slip away, Jake decided to take a gamble. He sold his prized vintage gaming console—his last cherished possession from his teenage years—to cover the cost of the ticket. It was a tough choice, but he was willing to make the sacrifice for a chance to connect with Emma.

The night of the event was electric. The venue was packed with influential figures from the tech industry. Jake arrived early, dressed in his best suit, clutching his ticket and a notebook brimming with questions. As he navigated through the crowd, he overheard snippets of conversation about Emma’s latest project and its potential impact on the tech landscape.

When Emma finally took the stage, the room fell silent. She spoke passionately about her journey, the challenges she had faced, and the future of technology. Her charisma and insight were mesmerizing. Jake was on the edge of his seat, furiously taking notes and feeling a growing sense of urgency.

After the speech, the networking session began. Jake seized the moment and approached Emma, nervously introducing himself. To his surprise, she was approachable and genuinely interested in what he had to say. As they spoke, Jake revealed the struggles his startup was facing and asked for her advice.

Emma listened intently, her eyes reflecting a keen interest. She offered some unexpected advice that could potentially turn Jake’s project around. But that wasn’t all—she also suggested he showcase his startup at an upcoming tech fair she was hosting, providing him with a golden opportunity to gain exposure and support.

Just as Jake was about to thank her, the atmosphere in the room shifted. A well-dressed woman entered, her aura commanding attention. She introduced herself as Dr. Elena Vasquez, a renowned psychologist who specialized in helping entrepreneurs manage stress and maintain focus. She was there to speak about the psychological aspects of innovation and entrepreneurship.

Dr. Vasquez had a unique approach—she often collaborated with a soothsayer named Zephyr, who provided unconventional insights that complemented her scientific methods. Zephyr, dressed in a flowing cloak with a mystic air about him, was known for his uncanny ability to offer foresight that seemed almost prophetic.

Dr. Vasquez and Zephyr were there to offer their own perspectives and support to the event’s attendees. As the room buzzed with curiosity, Dr. Vasquez approached Jake. She had overheard part of his conversation with Emma and offered to give him a brief psychological assessment to help him better handle the pressures of his startup.

Zephyr, noticing the commotion, approached with a curious glint in his eye. He performed a quick, enigmatic reading for Jake. In cryptic but compelling terms, he spoke of a forthcoming opportunity tied to the number seven—something that would lead Jake to new heights if he remained persistent and open to unconventional paths.

The event took an unexpected turn when a commotion erupted at the back of the room. A major tech company was trying to recruit Emma, and the situation had quickly escalated into a heated debate. Amid the chaos, Emma’s calm demeanor and quick thinking impressed everyone. Jake watched in awe as she deftly handled the situation with grace and authority.

As the event concluded, Emma approached Jake again, offering him a business card with a personal note: “Keep pushing forward. Great ideas need great people to bring them to life.”

Jake left the event exhilarated. His gamble had paid off. He had not only received invaluable advice from Emma but also gained insights from Dr. Vasquez and Zephyr that he hadn’t anticipated. The experience was far more than he had hoped for, and he knew that the combination of practical advice, psychological support, and mystical guidance had provided him with a unique edge in his journey.

Comment

• 1.09 For his practical advice, psychological support, and mystical guidance, of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      1.06 This level of shit-poasting isn't free !
                      I agree
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1.07 Feral Slasher owes Bill Gates big bucks, and Bill's goons are going to break his kneecaps if he doesn't pay up soon
                        Totally not true...I assure you. Not true at all
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1.09 For his practical advice, psychological support, and mystical guidance, of course
                          Not even sure what this draft is anymore, but this is a winner. 1.01 pick at 1.09 price
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1.03 He's a soothsayer
                            True....
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1.06 This level of shit-poasting isn't free !
                              Unfortunately it is....or probably I am doing it wrong
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1.08 Book signings

No, not his books, but he's happy to sign other people's books for cash
                                Also true
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X