*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Yeah, coming to Texas in August is crazy. What were you thinking ?

I love all of the Hill Country, basically from New Braunfels in a big circle around north of San Antonio and the west side of Austin. It's beautiful country, and the food is good pretty much anywhere you stop. If I could pick one place on earth to live, ignoring the current politics of the state of Texas, that would be it.

Similarly to the east of Austin has a lot to recommend it, but I find the more rugged hills and live oaks of the Edwards Plateau to have a certain beauty to them.
    Seconded - hill country is the best

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Just heard a stat that the likelihood of someone returning to a restaurant after their first visit is only 29%. All this traveling is driving down the stats!
      71% of restaurants suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I am headed to Texas soon....but I feel like I should have BBQ and Mexican food. I will report if I have pizza
        So I did not in fact have any pizza in Texas. Now I am even more confused about not only how to rate pizza...but how to rate BBQ, Mexican food tex mex, and Cali mex.

Our first couple meals in Texas were very mediocre...but the last few days were very good. You can find good and bad food everywhere I suppose, just need to do some research and understand the odds.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

won't make an effort to return.
          and we won't make an effort to miss you
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So I did not in fact have any pizza in Texas. Now I am even more confused about not only how to rate pizza...but how to rate BBQ, Mexican food tex mex, and Cali mex.

Our first couple meals in Texas were very mediocre...but the last few days were very good. You can find good and bad food everywhere I suppose, just need to do some research and understand the odds.
            That reminds me of when my wife and I lived in south San Jose. We thought it was California, how hard would it be to find good Asian food? Fairly hard, as it turned out, anywhere close to our neighborhood. The last six months we lived there, we finally found the area where all the good Asian restaurants were located off of Saratoga Avenue in west San Jose. Oh well. As they say, 71% of restaurants suck .
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

That reminds me of when my wife and I lived in south San Jose. We thought it was California, how hard would it be to find good Asian food? Fairly hard, as it turned out, anywhere close to our neighborhood. The last six months we lived there, we finally found the area where all the good Asian restaurants were located off of Saratoga Avenue in west San Jose. Oh well. As they say, 71% of restaurants suck .
              They also note that there's a strong correlation between restaurant suckitude and their choice of house salad dressing.

Comment

and we won't make an effort to miss you
                It takes no effort to miss me...also, 71% of people who run into me never see me again
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It takes no effort to miss me...also, 71% of people who run into me never see me again
                  And like 99% hope to never see me again
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

When my daughter was at Cal Poly I flew into San Jose all the time, i never stayed long enough to eat, but I think they had a lot of Vietnamese restaurants that were good if i recall from my research. I did go to the Italian festival once
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It takes no effort to miss me...also, 71% of people who run into me are never seen again
                      concerning

Comment

And like 99% hope to never see me again
                        I'm 99% sure I've never seen you

Comment

concerning
                          Buyer beware !
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm 99% sure I've never seen you
                            You would now it if you had ...or maybe you would never know it. I am not sure myself
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Buyer beware !
                              Wait, do we have to pay to see you?

Comment

• Reasons to Have to Pay to See The Feral Slasher Draft

1.01 He's in the circus

Comment

Working...
                                X