*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Ken Griffey Jr. has the second most hits all time for left handed outfielders born in Donora, PA, on November 21st.​
    Sure, but can you guess number three ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Sure, but can you guess number three ?
      Every other left-handed person born in Donora, PA on November 21st is currently tied for 3rd place with 0.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I read that one to my wife, crazy stuff!
        You married RJEL girl? Did we know that? Did I know that? Congrats!!!!!!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Speaking of...

So I've been driving my 2005 Prius for 15 years now. It's been to Maine, Florida, Texas, and all the way out here to Cali. It had 205k miles on it, but the replacement battery I put in it 4 years ago was dying, and I was putting a quart of oil in it every 2 weeks. So it was time.
          I use to be into cars when I was a kid, but now, I really have zero interest in having a car payment ever again, so I didn't want something new. RJEL girl wanted a new car for a while, so I told her I would buy her pristine (she takes care of her cars much better than I) 2010 prius with only 80k miles off her and she could get something new. She got some quotes for it and I offered her 7k for it which was fair. She went out and bought a 2020 Rav-4 hybrid for like 45k! whatever, she's happy. Its got a radio you can rewind! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, we were looking into transferring her title to me, but regardless of how much we listed the sale as, they were going to charge us market sales tax for the thing! Seemed ridiculous for us to pay $600 to transfer the car from one side of the garage to the other, so, long story short, I'm getting married tomorrow at 3pm.
          here you go. October 29th, 2020

Comment

ha.

we keep finances pretty split (e.g. I'm giving her 7k for her car), I mean, we don't split dinner checks or anything, but we have our own accounts, split the bills and each pay the mortgage every other month.

I've told my SIL that Jen and I work because we are both supportively independent. I think we are both a little freaked out by being titled as Married, but it sorts out so much legally.
            in reference to Hacko saying "It's going to cost you more than $600"

Comment

here you go. October 29th, 2020
              Congratulations on saving $600!

Just kidding. Congratulations on getting married​ in 2020 !
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The car thing was actually the impetus, but we had been talking about it for a while. The plan was always just the two of us on a tropical island somewhere. During covid though, with the car, medical decisions, owning a house together and having questionable estate planning, it all just made sense for legal ease to get married at the courthouse. I asked if she was sure and she was like "yeah, I'd just feel better if it was done." I'd been married before, but this was her first. She never grew up dreaming of a wedding, doesn't really have family, so there was no grand thing. She did ask that we do it again some time on an island. I said of course.

On Thursday, I got the paperwork from the county and a date for the next Thursday. I brought the paperwork into her office, got down on one knee handed it to her and asked her to marry me. We went out on Saturday and I bought a new jacket and we got rings and ordered flowers for her. Sunday she went out and got a dress. She told me my mom would be pissed if I didn't tell her, so on Monday I called mom and dad and told them what's up. Told them it was just a courthouse thing and they didn't need to come. THey said of course they were coming and told me I had to tell my brother. So I called my brother, "hey, we're getting married on Thursday, it's the middle of the day and I know you have work and school and such, so no need to come." He said of course they would be there. On tuesday I asked my boss for thursday afternoon off, she said sure, what's up? I said I was getting married. She freaked out. Ended sending us a nice gift.

Thursday jen gets her hair blown out. She sees my sister-in-law and niece getting theirs done as well, which, taking this shit way too seriously. Go get married... the clerk or justice or whatever was very serious, and it was making us uncomfortable. Like, hey, we are just trying to make our lives easier here, not all this love shit you're talking about! Afterwards, walking to the parking lot I said "that was kinda heavy!" and she said "Yeah, I was thinking of kicking you or something, just to lighten the mood" I said "I'm glad you didn't!"

All of us went out and had a nice dinner, my dad got drunk and fell down in the parking lot and my mom fell on him while trying to help him up. It's their favorite story from the day.

I was back at work the next day. Once covid let up, we planned a trip to Kauai. I asked her if she wanted me to set up a ceremony, she said "No, we've already done that shit"

So that's my wedding.

Comment

The car thing was actually the impetus, but we had been talking about it for a while. The plan was always just the two of us on a tropical island somewhere. During covid though, with the car, medical decisions, owning a house together and having questionable estate planning, it all just made sense for legal ease to get married at the courthouse. I asked if she was sure and she was like "yeah, I'd just feel better if it was done." I'd been married before, but this was her first. She never grew up dreaming of a wedding, doesn't really have family, so there was no grand thing. She did ask that we do it again some time on an island. I said of course.

On Thursday, I got the paperwork from the county and a date for the next Thursday. I brought the paperwork into her office, got down on one knee handed it to her and asked her to marry me. We went out on Saturday and I bought a new jacket and we got rings and ordered flowers for her. Sunday she went out and got a dress. She told me my mom would be pissed if I didn't tell her, so on Monday I called mom and dad and told them what's up. Told them it was just a courthouse thing and they didn't need to come. THey said of course they were coming and told me I had to tell my brother. So I called my brother, "hey, we're getting married on Thursday, it's the middle of the day and I know you have work and school and such, so no need to come." He said of course they would be there. On tuesday I asked my boss for thursday afternoon off, she said sure, what's up? I said I was getting married. She freaked out. Ended sending us a nice gift.

Thursday jen gets her hair blown out. She sees my sister-in-law and niece getting theirs done as well, which, taking this shit way too seriously. Go get married... the clerk or justice or whatever was very serious, and it was making us uncomfortable. Like, hey, we are just trying to make our lives easier here, not all this love shit you're talking about! Afterwards, walking to the parking lot I said "that was kinda heavy!" and she said "Yeah, I was thinking of kicking you or something, just to lighten the mood" I said "I'm glad you didn't!"

All of us went out and had a nice dinner, my dad got drunk and fell down in the parking lot and my mom fell on him while trying to help him up. It's their favorite story from the day.

I was back at work the next day. Once covid let up, we planned a trip to Kauai. I asked her if she wanted me to set up a ceremony, she said "No, we've already done that shit"

So that's my wedding.
                  Epic VD post., well done sir
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Epic VD VD post., well done sir
                    Fixed

Comment

Fixed
                      Nice, I was trying to figure out how to phrase that.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The car thing was actually the impetus, but we had been talking about it for a while. The plan was always just the two of us on a tropical island somewhere. During covid though, with the car, medical decisions, owning a house together and having questionable estate planning, it all just made sense for legal ease to get married at the courthouse. I asked if she was sure and she was like "yeah, I'd just feel better if it was done." I'd been married before, but this was her first. She never grew up dreaming of a wedding, doesn't really have family, so there was no grand thing. She did ask that we do it again some time on an island. I said of course.

So that's my wedding.
                        Stone cold amazing. Freakin' love you, man.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

We need someone to post inane comments on a little-used forum of a decaying message board in an obscure corner of the internet.
                          You called ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

We're using artificial intelligence to develop an inanity measure....
                            Wow, 4 years ago
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Where can I find a spreadsheet that we've used in VD with all the players/standings/etc?
                              Send me your email and bank account and I can set u up
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                1 Controller - 1
                                2 DMT - 2
                                3 Johnny - 3
                                4 Frae - 4
                                5 El B - 5
                                6 Ken - 6
                                7 Garp - 7
                                8 Heye - 8
                                9 Revo -9
                                10 Feral - 10
                                11 Kevin -11
                                12 Hacko - 12
                                13 MJL -13

Good to go when CJ is sready
                                Lots of guys here we have not heard from in a while. They might be waiting for another draft to start
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X