*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We lost our dog last night. She was only two years old and was the best dog I've ever had.

As far as we knew, she didn't have any health issues. I let her out to run in the back yard, and she chased a squirrel off the back fence and then just fell over, moaned, and quit moving. By the time I got to her, she was unresponsive, and her heart quit beating a couple minutes later.

My wife and children and I are all devastated and can't believe she is gone just like that.

She was so full of joy and did everything 100%. She was smart and loving and will be deeply missed.
    Omigosh, that is awful Mike. Just two years old, wth?

My dog also collapsed and died a few years ago, but he was 14. We went to a pumpkin patch/amusement park that is pet friendly, and it was a rather warm September day, and he just shuddered and died 20 minutes after we got there. Just 10 minutes before he died, I took some pics of him sitting in the red wagon they give you to lug around the pumpkins,.

Comment

Well that stinks. If I had a league that would let me play in it, I'd let you play in it, too.
      Thanks ! Fortunately I was able to quickly find another league and they needed players. So I am on a team, first practice next Saturday !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Omigosh, that is awful Mike. Just two years old, wth?

My dog also collapsed and died a few years ago, but he was 14. We went to a pumpkin patch/amusement park that is pet friendly, and it was a rather warm September day, and he just shuddered and died 20 minutes after we got there. Just 10 minutes before he died, I took some pics of him sitting in the red wagon they give you to lug around the pumpkins,.
        At first I thought she was just playing, going to roll around in the grass or something. But when she didn't get up or move around, I knew something was wrong. It was very shocking. I couldn't believe it was real. I assume she had a brain aneurysm or something like that, but I don't really know.

When I was a kid, we had a dog just disappear, but I've never experienced anything like this. All my other pets have died as they've gotten to old age, and those were hard to lose, too, but you knew it was time and that they couldn't keep going forever.

This was the dog that got us all through the pandemic, and she was just very special.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Thanks ! Fortunately I was able to quickly find another league and they needed players. So I am on a team, first practice next Saturday !
          When do you find out what position you play?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Sounds like that is one thing they will do at practice on Saturday since there is a game the weekend after.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Obviously Short Stop
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Obviously Short Stop
                ha ha....the first thing I can say is I was not ready for a 1.5 hour practice followed by a scrimmage with another team. I left the field after 4 hours feeling pretty beat up and still lots of soreness 2 days later. Mostly everyone on my team is in the 20-35 range, one other guy over 40, and then me at 56. They are all really nice and it is fun to just be out playing baseball. Great to meet new people and just hang out and talk baseball. They haven't called me Grandpa yet, but hopefully that comes later, lol

Hit ok in BP, my first swing I put one over the leftfielder...in the scrimmage i was 0-2 with a k looking and one swinging...sigh, going to need to up my game against pitchers who are less than half my age.

The bases are reallllllyyyyy far apart, i need to do some cardio for sure. So I am planning to run sprints, stairs, lift weights, go to the batting cage and generally try to get in shape to compete. It will be a challenge for sure. As far as positions, I volunteered for OF, and did ok, but I really need to get some glasses so I can see better. The coach(who is like 20 years old) texted me about playing first base, I told him first or second base I'd give it a go, my bad shoulder makes left side of the infield a bad idea. Our pitchers can't find the plate, so I told them I'd also pitch BP. Going to look for a new glove, cleats, pants and bat today or tomorrow. Glad to be doing it, seems kind of crazy, but better than sitting on the couch and shit-poasting here.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

ha ha....the first thing I can say is I was not ready for a 1.5 hour practice followed by a scrimmage with another team. I left the field after 4 hours feeling pretty beat up and still lots of soreness 2 days later. Mostly everyone on my team is in the 20-35 range, one other guy over 40, and then me at 56. They are all really nice and it is fun to just be out playing baseball. Great to meet new people and just hang out and talk baseball. They haven't called me Grandpa yet, but hopefully that comes later, lol

Hit ok in BP, my first swing I put one over the leftfielder...in the scrimmage i was 0-2 with a k looking and one swinging...sigh, going to need to up my game against pitchers who are less than half my age.

The bases are reallllllyyyyy far apart, i need to do some cardio for sure. So I am planning to run sprints, stairs, lift weights, go to the batting cage and generally try to get in shape to compete. It will be a challenge for sure. As far as positions, I volunteered for OF, and did ok, but I really need to get some glasses so I can see better. The coach(who is like 20 years old) texted me about playing first base, I told him first or second base I'd give it a go, my bad shoulder makes left side of the infield a bad idea. Our pitchers can't find the plate, so I told them I'd also pitch BP. Going to look for a new glove, cleats, pants and bat today or tomorrow. Glad to be doing it, seems kind of crazy, but better than sitting on the couch and shit-poasting here.
                  watching the Yankee game and my OF skills look at lot like Stanton's
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Got a new glove...It's like a new pair of underwear: At first, it's constrictive, but after awhile it becomes a part of you.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

but better than sitting on the couch and shit-poasting here.
                      blasphemy

Comment

• Sounds like fun, though. I'm glad you're doing it and enjoying it.

Comment

blasphemy
                          i appreciate the reality check
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sounds like fun, though. I'm glad you're doing it and enjoying it.
                            thanks. It feels kind of crazy, but just seems like I should give it a shot. If I have fun this year i can do it again, and if not it is hopefully a good experience and maybe motivates me to get in shape. I wanted to break in my new cleats and went to the local high school field and ran around. There was a soccer game going on and I'm pretty sure it was an over 70 league. made me feel young.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i appreciate the reality check
                              You didn't get to be an MVP poster with that kind of thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin seitzer View Post

you didn't get to be an mvp poster with that kind of thinking.
                                mvp.....mvp....mvp..
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X