*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you found your glove, thought I might have to ship you one
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Glad you found your glove, thought I might have to ship you one
      thank you ! So I arrived at tryouts at 9 am. I see about 20 guys, they all look younger and mostly in better shape than I am. They all have baseball pants, cleats/turf shoes, bat bags, and all the swag. I have sweatpants, running shoes, and a glove that is probably too small. I only hesitated for about 30 seconds...I wanted to just drive home and not embarrass myself, but that just seemed lame.

Anyway, there were so many people, I only got a chance to field about 4 groundballs and 2 flyballs, and take 8 swings. It went ok, I was probably middle of the pack out of the 60 or so people who ended up showing up. Everyone was super cool and didn't laugh at my attire, at least not to my face, ha ha. it was fun just hanging out at a baseball field and taking my swings at the plate was just as fun as i remembered. They have a draft in a few weeks if i decide to commit my time and money.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

thank you ! So I arrived at tryouts at 9 am. I see about 20 guys, they all look younger and mostly in better shape than I am. They all have baseball pants, cleats/turf shoes, bat bags, and all the swag. I have sweatpants, running shoes, and a glove that is probably too small. I only hesitated for about 30 seconds...I wanted to just drive home and not embarrass myself, but that just seemed lame.

Anyway, there were so many people, I only got a chance to field about 4 groundballs and 2 flyballs, and take 8 swings. It went ok, I was probably middle of the pack out of the 60 or so people who ended up showing up. Everyone was super cool and didn't laugh at my attire, at least not to my face, ha ha. it was fun just hanging out at a baseball field and taking my swings at the plate was just as fun as i remembered. They have a draft in a few weeks if i decide to commit my time and money.
        I think at our age it is more about the joy of the game than it is about competing and being the top dog. Don't get me wrong, when I am out there, I want to do my best and look good in front of the young bucks, but I know I'm not going to look as good as they do, and that's okay.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I think at our age it is more about the joy of the game than it is about competing and being the top dog. Don't get me wrong, when I am out there, I want to do my best and look good in front of the young bucks, but I know I'm not going to look as good as they do, and that's okay.
          Yeah, I just want to have some fun and take a few swings. Hitting a baseball is really fun
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so i paid my 600 dollar entry fee...they have a live draft on April 1st at a local brewery. So hopefully someone needs a warm body and i can play some baseball this summer.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 15 team mixed 5x5. Can keep 6. I'm down to my last keeper.
              Rizzo $14
              Pederson $3
              D Robertson $1.

I feel like Rizzo has the highest floor, but keeping him means I have 1B, 3B, CI locked. Worried about Pederson's health, unsure if Robertson gets the saves.

Thoughts?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                15 team mixed 5x5. Can keep 6. I'm down to my last keeper.
                Rizzo $14
                Pederson $3
                D Robertson $1.

I feel like Rizzo has the highest floor, but keeping him means I have 1B, 3B, CI locked. Worried about Pederson's health, unsure if Robertson gets the saves.

Thoughts?
                at those prices I don't have a strong lean in any direction. I guess I wouldn't keep Robertson because he may not be the guy and you can hopefully pick up saves in FAAB. I think Pederson is in a platoon ? So i guess I'd go with Rizzo for the extra 11 bucks.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• We lost our dog last night. She was only two years old and was the best dog I've ever had.

As far as we knew, she didn't have any health issues. I let her out to run in the back yard, and she chased a squirrel off the back fence and then just fell over, moaned, and quit moving. By the time I got to her, she was unresponsive, and her heart quit beating a couple minutes later.

My wife and children and I are all devastated and can't believe she is gone just like that.

She was so full of joy and did everything 100%. She was smart and loving and will be deeply missed.

Comment

We lost our dog last night. She was only two years old and was the best dog I've ever had.

As far as we knew, she didn't have any health issues. I let her out to run in the back yard, and she chased a squirrel off the back fence and then just fell over, moaned, and quit moving. By the time I got to her, she was unresponsive, and her heart quit beating a couple minutes later.

My wife and children and I are all devastated and can't believe she is gone just like that.

She was so full of joy and did everything 100%. She was smart and loving and will be deeply missed.
                    So sorry to hear the sad news. Just awful...thinking about you and your family and sorry for your loss.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So sorry to hear the sad news. Just awful...thinking about you and your family and sorry for your loss.
                      Thank you

Comment

• wow, that's dreadful! Sorry to hear Mike

Comment

• What are the phillies doing!?!?! Last week they traded cash for Jordan Qsar, guy strikes out like 37% of the time. Okay, we all understand that you have to take some medicine to fill your Q spot, but then yesterday they traded more cash for Esteban Quiroz! Dude slashed .275/.370/.275 last year! I don't think this going heavy on Q is a good strategy, and I'm not even sure it's legal!

Comment

wow, that's dreadful! Sorry to hear Mike
                            Thanks

Comment

What are the phillies doing!?!?! Last week they traded cash for Jordan Qsar, guy strikes out like 37% of the time. Okay, we all understand that you have to take some medicine to fill your Q spot, but then yesterday they traded more cash for Esteban Quiroz! Dude slashed .275/.370/.275 last year! I don't think this going heavy on Q is a good strategy, and I'm not even sure it's legal!
                              Not to mention the trade for Erich Uelman.

Comment

• So sorry to hear about your dog Mike.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X