*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I think that was the greater board. Someone posted it when Nully was threatening to eat out of date beefaroni.
    if someone is threatening to eat out of date beefaroni, that is clearly the greatest board.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I just found out that Frank Robinson was on the same high school baseball team with Vada Pinson and Curt Flood. Must have been a good high school team. And he played on the basketball team with Bill Russell.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another great tidbit from Wikipedia. Can't believe Nelson Fox won an MVP. Or that he advised someone to flap their arm like a chicken.
        Early in his career, Morgan had trouble with his swing because he kept his back elbow down too low. Teammate Nellie Fox (also a stocky second baseman) suggested to Morgan that while at the plate he should flap his back arm like a chicken to keep his elbow up.[5] Morgan followed the advice, and his flapping arm became Morgan's signature.[3]
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Another great tidbit from Wikipedia. Can't believe Nelson Fox won an MVP. Or that he advised someone to flap their arm like a chicken.
          Early in his career, Morgan had trouble with his swing because he kept his back elbow down too low. Teammate Nellie Fox (also a stocky second baseman) suggested to Morgan that while at the plate he should flap his back arm like a chicken to keep his elbow up.[5] Morgan followed the advice, and his flapping arm became Morgan's signature.[3]
          You can never go wrong flapping your arm like a chicken .
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Also, I love how Wikipedia hyperlinks chicken there. In case we want to know what a chicken is.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

You can never go wrong flapping your arm like a chicken .
              that's the conventional wisdom...I'd like to see some data before I buy in
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i mean, chickens don't even have arms...the premise seems suspect to say the least
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just found out that Frank Robinson was on the same high school baseball team with Vada Pinson and Curt Flood. Must have been a good high school team. And he played on the basketball team with Bill Russell.
                  Pinson and Flood weren't good enough to make the basketball team?

Comment

i mean, chickens don't even have arms
                    I disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Pinson and Flood weren't good enough to make the basketball team?
                      well what about Bill Russell playing baseball ? It's a two way street
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

although he was a world class high jumper.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jordan Qsar batting for the Rays in a spring training game...future QUIZY

Comment

although he was a world class high jumper.
                            I'm a world class low jumper .

Comment

You have to be careful playing baseball on a two-way street. Bill Russell probably knew this.

Comment

It's a limited time offer--no time to gather data.

Comment

Working...
                                X