Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    And you came to us?
    To be fair I've already made all my plans and asked a bunch of other people. But if you have an idea I'll listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Maybe they want multiplicative scoring
      Oooh, there ya go !

the scoring method of champions
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

To be fair I've already made all my plans and asked a bunch of other people. But if you have an idea I'll listen.
        This forum is full of ideas. I suggest attending an Amish barnraising. The Hawaiian Amish community is very welcoming.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow! First time ever. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. Any suggestions? Going to all the islands (cruise ship, but it's basically just a floating hotel/restaurant, we'll be on land most of the time)
            that is awesome, should be really fun. I went to Kauai when I was a kid, so can't comment there. Maui - the road to Hana separates the men from the boys and some cool stuff if you don't blow chunks on the drive. I never went up Haleakala or whatever, but that would be fun too. Oahu- go to Waikiki and see it, but the northshore or anywhere else on the island are more enjoyable from my experience. If you have kids or a wife, pay the money to do a Luau, it will be a great memory, even if it isn't that amazing.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              that is awesome, should be really fun. I went to Kauai when I was a kid, so can't comment there. Maui - the road to Hana separates the men from the boys and some cool stuff if you don't blow chunks on the drive. I never went up Haleakala or whatever, but that would be fun too. Oahu- go to Waikiki and see it, but the northshore or anywhere else on the island are more enjoyable from my experience. If you have kids or a wife, pay the money to do a Luau, it will be a great memory, even if it isn't that amazing.
              Pearl Harbor is a a great historical visit. Duke's is a pretty famous spot on waikiki if i recall, it wasn't that overpriced and you can delight your kids with a lava drink. Back in the day McDonalds had Banana pies which were amazing with ice cream....hmmm, thinking for other ideas
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

good info!

we are doing a luau and yes it's overpriced but gotta do it while we are there.

Renting a car on each island, originally planned to do the road to Hana but might do a shorter loop, not sure yet

Good recs on Oahu

Comment

Pearl Harbor is a a great historical visit. Duke's is a pretty famous spot on waikiki if i recall, it wasn't that overpriced and you can delight your kids with a lava drink. Back in the day McDonalds had Banana pies which were amazing with ice cream....hmmm, thinking for other ideas
                  we did a cool hike to a waterfall not far from UH campus if i recall...there is also some cool palace or something heading east/NE from Honolulu...the Iolani palace is also cool to walk around
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

good info!

Renting a car on each island, originally planned to do the road to Hana but might do a shorter loop, not sure yet

Good recs on Oahu
                    I stayed in Kailua once, and it is a cool small town...Kailua beach park and Lanikai beach are nice. You can hike to Lanikai Pillbox to smoke weed with the locals, lol. Laie was another cool town. None of these are "must see" but I enjoyed them. Always fun to just explore on your own
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Johnny Dickshot loves nothing more than talking vacation and travel. Hearing about your trip brings back lots of great memories. Hope you have an awesome time.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

good info!

Good recs on Oahu
                        The dole plantation was actually really fun too. Pineapple plants are very interesting and the pineapple ice cream is nice. Haleiwa is a nice town and they have a famous shaved ice place. Garlic shrimp/Garlic Fries were also great, and they grill chickens in the parking lot on certain days. Very tasty. maui Mike's has good chicken....don't go to McDonald's or your kids will lose their glasses there and create an episode you don't want.
                        Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 10-07-2022, 04:28 PM.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

don't go to McDonald's or your kids will lose their glasses there and create an episode you don't want.
                          sounds like the voice of experience talking

Comment

Pearl Harbor is a a great historical visit.
                            My 10 year old daughter is pumped to go to PH believe it or not. I love her excitement for history.

Comment

sounds like the voice of experience talking
                              oh yeah, McDonalds actually called us somehow, no idea how that happened, and we were able to get them back and prevent a complete disaster.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My 10 year old daughter is pumped to go to PH believe it or not. I love her excitement for history.
                                awesome age for kids to go to Hawaii, will be amazing. Pearl Harbor will be a nice bonus
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X