No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 30 plus AL only league is looking to make some changes this year. We have been a 5 x5 league with the basic Categories. Avg , Hr ,Runs, RBI, Sb - W , Saves , K’s , Era , Whip.
    Some want to switch to OBP- on batting
    Some also would like To switch to Hold and saves ( as 1 category) to included the non closing relievers.
    Some one to go to 6x6

Looking for some thoughts and ideas to take to them…

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      My 30 plus AL only league is looking to make some changes this year. We have been a 5 x5 league with the basic Categories. Avg , Hr ,Runs, RBI, Sb - W , Saves , K’s , Era , Whip.
      Some also would like To switch to Hold and saves ( as 1 category) to included the non closing relievers.
      Some one to go to 6x6

And you came to us?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        you tell me mr world series champion?
        Doubtless, my baubles' luxurious nature is satisfying.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          And you came to us?
          well maybe not you - Looking for someone who knows baseball- Johnny maybe����

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            And you came to us?
            Maybe they want multiplicative scoring

Comment

My 30 plus AL only league is looking to make some changes this year. We have been a 5 x5 league with the basic Categories. Avg , Hr ,Runs, RBI, Sb - W , Saves , K’s , Era , Whip.
              Some one to go to 6x6

you should read the thread 1J started. It is very enlightening....

fjdskfjdkfjdskfjdslkfjdslkfjdslkfjdslkfjdsjfdsfjds klfj

lkdfjdlkfjafjdskfjdkfjdkfjdkfjdkf

I made up 12 ridiculous categories in what I thought was an obviously sarcastic post...but he bit and then I decided I should try to justify them. It was good fun. What I did learn is that it matters quite a bit what your league goal is. Are you trying to make the categories reflect real value, or do you want categories that will make a fun league and not change your league and the required preparation in a drastic way.
              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 10-07-2022, 01:20 PM.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                you should read the thread 1J started. It is very enlightening....

fjdskfjdkfjdskfjdslkfjdslkfjdslkfjdslkfjdsjfdsfjds klfj

lkdfjdlkfjafjdskfjdkfjdkfjdkfjdkf

I made up 12 ridiculous categories in what I thought was an obviously sarcastic post...but he bit and then I decided I should try to justify them. It was good fun. What I did learn is that it matters quite a bit what your league goal is. Are you trying to make the categories reflect real value, or do you want categories that will make a fun league and not change your league and the required preparation in a drastic way.
                I liked your categories.

It would be fun to have a keeper league where every year the categories and signs change randomly. So one year a category is H-CS but the next year it's K-H. Some years you want a power hitter, some years you want speed, some years you want lots of players who really suck but still get playing time. Random.

Not fun because of skill and competition but instead because of the laughs.

Have a snake draft and you find out once every 3 rounds what one of the categories will be. "Oh crap, I need a bad player now! Come on down Roughned Odor!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I liked your categories.

It would be fun to have a keeper league where every year the categories and signs change randomly. So one year a category is H-CS but the next year it's K-H. Some years you want a power hitter, some years you want speed, some years you want lots of players who really suck but still get playing time. Random.

Not fun because of skill and competition but instead because of the laughs.

Have a snake draft and you find out once every 3 rounds what one of the categories will be. "Oh crap, I need a bad player now! Come on down Roughned Odor!"
                  They were good categories for sure. I strongly recommend them to Hacko
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Some one to go to 6x6

at first i read that as SB-W, which i really like. OBP or AVG are both fine, i think using avg provides more value to non power hitters and players that are not superstars that tend to walk a lot. I've only been in one league with holds, and I hated it. It basically requires a lot more attention to MR throughout the year, which is fine, I guess. Personally I have better uses of my time, like shitpoasting here. In my limited experience I prefer 5X5 to adding more categories, but sometimes it is fun to mix it up.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• we are in the drive to 17K, won't you all post and help us out in this worthy endeavour. English spelling to try to reel in Johhny
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

at first i read that as SB-W, which i really like. OBP or AVG are both fine, i think using avg provides more value to non power hitters and players that are not superstars that tend to walk a lot. I've only been in one league with holds, and I hated it. It basically requires a lot more attention to MR throughout the year, which is fine, I guess. Personally I have better uses of my time, like shitpoasting here. In my limited experience I prefer 5X5 to adding more categories, but sometimes it is fun to mix it up.
                        It does say SB-W

I like that category.

Comment

we are in the drive to 17K, won't you all post and help us out in this worthy endeavour. English spelling to try to reel in Johhny
                          Who cares about the drive to 17K, I'm on the drive to 16903.

Round numbers are terrible.

Comment

My 30 plus AL only league
                            This is an interesting concept. So you can't draft/add anyone less than 30 years old.

"prospect" callups are replaced with "mid season birthdays".

Aaron Judge had an amazing rookie year. Picking him up on FAAB in late april probably won someone the league.

Comment

won't you all post and help us out in this worthy endeavour.
                              I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow! First time ever. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. Any suggestions? Going to all the islands (cruise ship, but it's basically just a floating hotel/restaurant, we'll be on land most of the time)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow! First time ever. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. Any suggestions?
                                And you came to us?

Comment

Working...
                                X