*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I have this info from a book called "Take me out to the Ballpark" which i really enjoy. It was published in 2000 and has good info on all the old parks. I tried to find an updated list of career HRs on the internet and never was able to
    I have that book, too, and I didn't even think to look in it!

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• You can see there that Comiskey just missed the list of top 5 historical parks, with 6275 homers. It might be number 6, especially since Crosley Field (4468) and Forbes Field (3778) and the Baker Bowl (3004) are so far behind it.

In terms of current parks that are ascending the list and that weren't mentioned already, I was thinking that the Big A in Anaheim was probably near the top. It has to be getting close to 10,000 homers by now.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I thought about participating but realized I'm not sure what the question is. But if we're shooting for the top 3 parks in terms of HRs through 2004, my wild guess is Wrigley - Yankee - Fenway. Just a total wild guess out of the blue. Now, if we're shooting for the top five former home run parks, I have another set of wild guesses.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

ok, not only do you get Jeopardy, you get a VD time machine....take yourself back to Dec 31, 1999, y2k is upon you. Myself, I was hunkered down in a cheap hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma (true story). Then someone said to me, tHe active ballparks with the most total HR in their history are Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, and Fenway Park - all with between 9000 and 10,000 HR. One recently retired park had over 11,000 HR hit there ? That is the easy part...what are the 2nd and 3rd place stadiums in all time HR ?
          This is what we were guessing. Or I was, anyhoo, after some goading by Señor Dickshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            This is what we were guessing. Or I was, anyhoo, after some goading by Señor Dickshot.
            Johnny Dickshot was not goading, merely checking on your well being. Johnny Dickshot cares!
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              I thought about participating but realized I'm not sure what the question is. But if we're shooting for the top 3 parks in terms of HRs through 2004, my wild guess is Wrigley - Yankee - Fenway. Just a total wild guess out of the blue. Now, if we're shooting for the top five former home run parks, I have another set of wild guesses.
              As of 2000, what are non active ball parks with most HR.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

As of 2000, what are non active ball parks with most HR.
                I dont know why dont you google it if it's so important to you Johnny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Some day JohnnyA is gonna return to this thread and wonder what happened to his good name .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I understand your bewilderment, Johnny Dickshot is truly a man of mystery and intrigue
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I understand, Johnny Dickshot is truly an international man of mystery and intrigue
                      fixed

Comment

fixed
                        You're welcome.

Comment

You're welcome.
                          Your contributions are greatly appreciated by Johnny Dickshot !
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

"Do or do not. There is no try."
                            Yoda Are You ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking hamberder.
                              Again, Johnny Dickshot appreciates the kind words !
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wondering if I can sell a pharmaceutical company to anyone.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X