• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would guess
    Tiger Stadium
    Comiskey Park
    Municipal Stadium (Cleveland)
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I would guess
      Tiger Stadium
      Comiskey Park
      Municipal Stadium (Cleveland)
      you got the first one. Tiger Stadium 1912-1999, over 11000 HR

Cleveland was 4th - 1932- 1993, 6664 HR
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I honestly can't imagine what 2 and 3 would be. None of the other old stadiums have been around that long.

Unless Dodger Stadium has made it up the list by now. But in 1999 it wouldn't have been near the top.

I don't think Memorial Stadium in Baltimore was around long enough. Of the other old franchises in existence...Pittsburgh had Three Rivers and Cincinnati had Riverfront Stadium and Philly had Veterans Stadium, but none of them was around for really long. Atlanta moved from Milwaukee. St. Louis had had a team for a while, but not one stadium.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I honestly can't imagine what 2 and 3 would be. None of the other old stadiums have been around that long.

Unless Dodger Stadium has made it up the list by now. But in 1999 it wouldn't have been near the top.

I don't think Memorial Stadium in Baltimore was around long enough. Of the other old franchises in existence...Pittsburgh had Three Rivers and Cincinnati had Riverfront Stadium and Philly had Veterans Stadium, but none of them was around for really long. Atlanta moved from Milwaukee. St. Louis had had a team for a while, but not one stadium.
          Yeah, the answer surprised me which is why I thought it was a good question
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It's not the Polo Grounds or the Baker Bowl or one of those really old- time stadiums, is it?

Comment

• Ebbets Field, etc.

Comment

It's not the Polo Grounds or the Baker Bowl or one of those really old- time stadiums, is it?
                For inactive stadiums Polo Grounds is 5th with 6660 HR

So

1) TIger Stadium
                2) ??
                3) ???
                4) Cleveland
                5) Polo Grounds
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It's not the Polo Grounds or the Baker Bowl or one of those really old- time stadiums, is it?
                  Not the Baker Bowl
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Shibe Park or Forbes Field? They were both around longer than I realized.

If not those, then maybe Sportsman's Park, because I think it hosted both the Browns and Cardinals for a time.

Comment

• Crosley Field would be my next guess. At some point I'll hit all the possibilities.

Comment

Shibe Park or Forbes Field? They were both around longer than I realized.

If not those, then maybe Sportsman's Park, because I think it hosted both the Browns and Cardinals for a time.
                        Shibe Park is 3rd, home to the Athletics from 1909-1954 and Phillies from 1938-1970.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Shibe Park or Forbes Field? They were both around longer than I realized.

Sportsman's Park was 2nd, as you noted it also hosted 2 teams, like Shibe Park.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Oh, and where did the Senators play...Griffith Park?

Comment

• I have this info from a book called "Take me out to the Ballpark" which i really enjoy. It was published in 2000 and has good info on all the old parks. I tried to find an updated list of career HRs on the internet and never was able to
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Oh, and where did the Senators play...Griffith Park?
                                I think so...Mickey Mantle hit a 565 foot shot there is I recall the legend

Griffith Stadium 1911-1961
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X