Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    move along....move along
    Fine, I understand when I'm not wanted .
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Who's to say, really?
      Hopefully someone responsible
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hopefully someone responsible
        Oh great. Now we'll be waiting forever....
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Oh great. Now we'll be waiting forever....
          I'm waiting still
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Still enjoy Man of War. Listened to Smashing Pumpkins 1979 which I also think is exceptional, but for some reason I think Johnny doesn't approve
            Love 90's Smashing Pumpkins. Like Bene my personal favourite Pumpkins album is Gish, but Siamese Dream is definitely their masterpiece. Siamese Dream is easily a Top 5 record of the decade. 1979 is off their 3rd record, Mellancollie and the Infinite Sadness.

I would definitely do the Pumpkins chronologically.

Gish is a mish mash of different styles, genres and ideas, and Jimmy Chamberlain's drumming is off-the-leash. There are some incredible live versions of these "Siva", "Bury Me", "I Am One" from the early days.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Love 90's Smashing Pumpkins. Like Bene my personal favourite Pumpkins album is Gish, but Siamese Dream is definitely their masterpiece. Siamese Dream is easily a Top 5 record of the decade. 1979 is off their 3rd record, Mellancollie and the Infinite Sadness.

I would definitely do the Pumpkins chronologically.

Gish is a mish mash of different styles, genres and ideas, and Jimmy Chamberlain's drumming is off-the-leash. There are some incredible live versions of these "Siva", "Bury Me", "I Am One" from the early days.
              Thanks!
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Greg Maddux pitched over 5,000 innings and won 355 games and in his entire career only got to 3-0 on a batter (excluding IBB) 133 times. Crazy.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Don't see too many Mudcat Grant references. For those of you without subscriptions....I'll be back in a bit to summarize this story.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It was good knowing you.

Comment

It was good knowing you.
                      sorry to get your hopes up !
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Spent half the day rediscovering bands that I was crazy about in the 90s. If you want to try something new, check out Rocket From the Crypt and Drive Like Jehu. Takes me back, man!
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Went to get the oil changed in my car today. Walked to the park and saw a dude smoking meth/crack/heroin, whatever not far from the kids on the swings and slides....then a block later saw two more guys in a car with a lighter, pipe and some tinfoil. This was in a medium sized town, not even a bad section, in the middle of the day...i saw a lot more of the same a month ago when I went downtown Seattle. They don't even try to hide what they are doing. Is this just a NW thing or do any of you see this where you guys live ? The stuff I see these days would have shocked me 20 years ago. The guy smoking weed 10 feet from the safeway entrance made me glad he wasn't doing meth.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Went to get the oil changed in my car today. Walked to the park and saw a dude smoking meth/crack/heroin, whatever not far from the kids on the swings and slides....then a block later saw two more guys in a car with a lighter, pipe and some tinfoil. This was in a medium sized town, not even a bad section, in the middle of the day...i saw a lot more of the same a month ago when I went downtown Seattle. They don't even try to hide what they are doing. Is this just a NW thing or do any of you see this where you guys live ? The stuff I see these days would have shocked me 20 years ago. The guy smoking weed 10 feet from the safeway entrance made me glad he wasn't doing meth.
                            A couple months ago I was pulling out of the parking lot at work and there was a woman kind of sitting into the alleyway where I had to drive through to exit. I thought maybe she was just chilling and stuck my head out the window only to notice a needle sticking out of her hand. I did move to a different office recently, though, and that kind of stuff was a big reason why. There is an awful, awful lot of homelessness and drug use and whatnot in my city and it's getting worse.

Comment

• found some of my daughters baseball cards, lol....so trivia time

craig worthington - position and team 1990?
                              chris hammond - same
                              Paul Fairies -same
                              brook Jacoby -same

May be a year off on some of these
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Going off memory or just guessing...
                                Worthington - Orioles...1B?
                                Hammond - wow, um...Brewers, um...RHP?
                                Fairies - I do not remember this man.
                                Jacoby - Indians 3B

Comment

Working...
                                X