*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    and here is the book my brother wrote...kinda cool that I can find it on the interwebs.

https://www.waynesbooks.net/product/...Rolemaster-RPG
    that is pretty nifty.

Someone should write up a rule-book for VD Drafting.

Chapter 11: The Amish
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Got my mlb auction game used baseballs delivered today. Kinda cool. My cat is very curious and enjoying the packaging and one of the balls
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        that is pretty nifty.

Someone should write up a rule-book for VD Drafting.

Chapter 11: The Amish
        Chapter 11: Bankruptcy
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I just got my kid started up on Dungeons and Dragons. Man, I haven't played this in like 30 years - it's so fun. We spent most of the day creating characters. I also just learned that one of my buddies runs some sort of campaign for his kids and a couple other kids, lol. I'm so in!
          Cool! I played with two groups of kids in the early 80s. Remember the whole controversy that it caused kids to go on murder sprees? LOL, conservatives!

Comment

• Had a job interview today. I hope this is the last one of my life. I hate that shit. I probably should not have mentioned my passion for VD as a hobby
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Had a job interview today. I hope this is the last one of my life. I hate that shit. I probably should not have mentioned my passion for VD as a hobby
              Suffered through multiple VDs is always a good way to put it.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                "I'm resilient"
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Had a job interview today. I hope this is the last one of my life. I hate that shit. I probably should not have mentioned my passion for VD as a hobby
                  Good luck!

I decided many years back that I was going to flip the script on places I interviewed with. Since that day, every interview I've gone into was with the idea that I am actually interviewing them and not vice versa. And I have pushed it to the extreme. When I get asked those stupid questions about "what's your strength" or "what's your greatest weakness" or whatever, I just flip it around and say my greatest strength is making sure I can be a productive member of a progressive team empowered to do good work and, dear employer, with that in mind I have many questions to ask you. Deciding I was actually interviewing these places was one of the most liberating decisions I've ever made. And, oddly enough, it led to really great results in terms of job offers and whatnot. Apparently not giving a fuck is a desirable trait, lol.

Never forget that you should have the same amount of loyalty to your job that they have to you. In nearly every case, that's none at all.

I work for myself now.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

"I am obsessed with VD."

That'll get 'em.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Good luck!

I decided many years back that I was going to flip the script on places I interviewed with. Since that day, every interview I've gone into was with the idea that I am actually interviewing them and not vice versa. And I have pushed it to the extreme. When I get asked those stupid questions about "what's your strength" or "what's your greatest weakness" or whatever, I just flip it around and say my greatest strength is making sure I can be a productive member of a progressive team empowered to do good work and, dear employer, with that in mind I have many questions to ask you. Deciding I was actually interviewing these places was one of the most liberating decisions I've ever made. And, oddly enough, it led to really great results in terms of job offers and whatnot. Apparently not giving a fuck is a desirable trait, lol.

Never forget that you should have the same amount of loyalty to your job that they have to you. In nearly every case, that's none at all.

I work for myself now.
                        lol, I like your attitude. Wish I could pull that off. I am subject to the corporate processes of my overlord. I wasn't even going to apply for this job, but the hiring manager talked to my manager(same company and organization) and they asked me to. Because it is basically a job I did for years and years and they didn't have other good candidates apparently. But they have to follow the interview process.

Sooooo...we get to the interview and they tell me there are 5 questions and after the first question, I need to respond in a corporate approved format (don't get me started). So there is no flexibility, it is going thru a checklist of how I respond to the 4 pre-packaged questions. None of the interview has anything to do with my qualifications ...it is just about how I answer the questions which relate to recalling specific experiences and examples of how I am an amazing employee and leader. There were a few awkward period of silence. Honestly, I should have been silent for like 5-10 minutes, because there checklist doesn't have any penalty for delay of game. The whole interview was focused on how good of a BSer you are and how you can recall (or make up) great stories about yourself.

Anyway, the whole thing never really talked about my overall work experience and performance, but instead focused on me recalling anecdotes from my 30 years at this company. They didn't even ask anything about why I would be a good fit for the job, or how my experience would help me succeed in the position. It is apparently the process they need to follow, but what an incredible waste of time. Anyway, glad it's done and hope I don't have to suffer thru it again. Hopefully they aren't tracking my RJ account and reading this, lol
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Good luck!

I work for myself now.
                          my greatest weakness is that I work too hard for the company and neglect my personal life....or wait, is that my greatest strength ? Confusing sometimes.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Got my mlb auction game used baseballs delivered today. Kinda cool. My cat is very curious and enjoying the packaging and one of the balls
                            So I got 3 mlb game used baseballs for $45, it appears that a new baseball is like 20-30 bucks on amazon. I need someone besides my cat to play baseball with though
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Or washing the febrile cirls....
                              oh my!
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So I got 3 mlb game used baseballs for $45, it appears that a new baseball is like 20-30 bucks on amazon. I need someone besides my cat to play baseball with though
                                so when was the last time any of you got out your glove and actually played catch with a baseball ? I think it was about 15 years for me if you count softball. Haven't swung a bat in that long as well. Maybe I need to go the batting cage
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X