*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I'm full of questions today.....aren't I ?
    full of something anyway
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Is it possible to cancel ESPN by itself ?
      That’s why the contemplation was brief.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I'm full of questions today.....aren't I ?
        question tycoon
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Is the Chik-fil-a guy a chicken tycoon ?
          Chicken Thai Coon is one of my favorites
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Chicken Thai Coon is one of my favorites

Ever wonder how to cook raccoon? Our editor shows you to how to prepare this once a common menu item.

Ever wonder how to cook raccoon? Our editor shows you to how to prepare this once a common menu item.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/pr...licacy-raccoon

Some good stuff here. I have been watching Chef's Table the last few days. They had a guy from South Carolina talking traditional Southern food. They didn't talk about Raccoon or Squirrel or anything. But "traditional" ethnic food often has a lot of stuff most Americans would probably turn up there nose at.

As a young boy, I would sit in motionless suspense as my grandpa Varney replayed the memories of his youth through storytelling. My mind could see the cascading streams and rugged mountains that he painted of his Appalachian home in West Virginia. He could make you feel the emotions of the moment, too. Like the anxiousness of sitting still in bed while a rat snake slithered through the drafty rafters of his old house. Or the disgust of finding an opossum crawling around inside a dead horse. I can still hear him snicker, “I never ate another opossum after that.”

Thinking back to those stories from so many years ago, I laugh at what is considered normal table fare today. For my grandfather and his rural neighbors during the Great Depression, it took a first-person disturbing event to remove opossum from the menu. I clearly remember my grandpa recounting eating chipmunks and raccoons, too. He’d always preface raccoon with, “It’s greasy, but good.” They literally lived off the land around them and nothing went to waste.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Some good stuff here. I have been watching Chef's Table the last few days. They had a guy from South Carolina talking traditional Southern food. They didn't talk about Raccoon or Squirrel or anything. But "traditional" ethnic food often has a lot of stuff most Americans would probably turn up there nose at.

As a young boy, I would sit in motionless suspense as my grandpa Varney replayed the memories of his youth through storytelling. My mind could see the cascading streams and rugged mountains that he painted of his Appalachian home in West Virginia. He could make you feel the emotions of the moment, too. Like the anxiousness of sitting still in bed while a rat snake slithered through the drafty rafters of his old house. Or the disgust of finding an opossum crawling around inside a dead horse. I can still hear him snicker, “I never ate another opossum after that.”

Thinking back to those stories from so many years ago, I laugh at what is considered normal table fare today. For my grandfather and his rural neighbors during the Great Depression, it took a first-person disturbing event to remove opossum from the menu. I clearly remember my grandpa recounting eating chipmunks and raccoons, too. He’d always preface raccoon with, “It’s greasy, but good.” They literally lived off the land around them and nothing went to waste.
                *their
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has watches the show, it sure makes me want to cook and also travel. Most of the cooking ends up being a bit too fancy-schmantzy in my opinion, but still worthwhile.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Just saw a New Balance commercial that was kind of environmentalist/progressive. Why doesn't some competing shoe company do a political style add attacking Nike for using slave labor ? Maybe because they all do ? still, it feels like this ought to be the next phase in advertising, just like it is in politics.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has watches the show, it sure makes me want to cook and also travel. Most of the cooking ends up being a bit too fancy-schmantzy in my opinion, but still worthwhile.
                      I will admit that Chicken Thai Coon is a bit fancy-schmantzy.

Comment

I will admit that Chicken Thai Coon is a bit fancy-schmantzy.
                        The texture and the stripes really make it pop
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The texture and the stripes really make it pop
                          If you barbecue coon ribs, is that a Rack of Coon?

Comment

If you barbecue coon ribs, is that a Rack of Coon?
                            not sure there is enough meat to just eat the ribs...you need to go all in. and how to adjust if you shoot an old racoon, instead of a youngster ? We used to have a lot of racoons in our neighborhood., but haven't seen any in about 5-10 years. Plus I don't have a gun or any whiskey. So not something I can make at home.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

not sure there is enough meat to just eat the ribs...you need to go all in. and how to adjust if you shoot an old racoon, instead of a youngster ? We used to have a lot of racoons in our neighborhood., but haven't seen any in about 5-10 years. Plus I don't have a gun or any whiskey. So not something I can make at home.

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-ta...raccoon-recipe
                              At first I thought that link was to realtor.com. Offering all sorts of community services now, I suppose.

Comment

• Which team is more likely to have a post-game spread featuring grilled raccoon, Cards or Dodgers?

Comment

Working...
                                X