*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    It's hard managing all these accounts. You gotta make sure you have the right login.
    I'm as real as Johnny's drinking problem (Ya, I went with the whole, "he's Irish, so he's got a drinking problem angle.")

Comment

• Once heye goes, anybody can post my next pick - jack Taylor sp 1902
      1.33 era, the obvious year, 3rd deadball pitcher
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by MookieTyme View Post
        I'm as real as Johnny's drinking problem (Ya, I went with the whole, "he's Irish, so he's got a drinking problem angle.")
        I put a lot of attention to detail into my fake accounts. This one is a typical Boston area sports fan, displaying bog standard irrational hatred of anyone or anything that isn't from new England. I made sure i didn't pick a single Yankee on the team. Mookie would never allow a Yankee on his team.

Don't ask me about my heyelander account. That's gotten out of control.

Comment

• History Thread updated

Comment

I'd feel better if you let that alias win once in a while.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I put a lot of attention to detail into my fake accounts. This one is a typical Boston area sports fan, displaying bog standard irrational hatred of anyone or anything that isn't from new England. I made sure i didn't pick a single Yankee on the team. Mookie would never allow a Yankee on his team.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• crap, that was a mistake.

should have saved that Deadball just in case...
                Last edited by heyelander; 12-21-2018, 03:34 PM.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  crap, that was a mistake.
                  A mistake to make just one pick instead of two?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    crap, that was a mistake.

should have saved that Deadball just in case...
                    It doesn't seem like a mistake to me. If it's not an optimal pick, at least it was quite close.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• posted my pick, somebody tell Benny Fructose he's up
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I assume that's Max Carey. And 1897 doesn't fit for the year, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          posted my pick, somebody tell Benny Fructose he's up
                          That's not bad. I had been going with Bean Futures.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            I assume that's Max Carey. And 1897 doesn't fit for the year, right?
                            I think he forgot to change the year when he changed the hitter he took. 1922 is the obvious BY for Carey.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Um, you guys know that Barney Foots here has feelings, right? Meanies.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So wait, is Heye's pick Fred Clarke or Max Carey?
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X