*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I assume someone will send me something...
    I made you some cookies.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      I hear we are doing these again, I have no life and am happy to resume my duties of finishing in the bottom half.
      Yeah, that's not going to happen.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        i hit up SDS on facebook and took one more run at Eld.
        We should try SDS again for the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I am getting paid until May my regular Salary so I tell all my friends no job until January (at least) I turn 62 in December so I could just take SS. (But I won’t). I am a little different then you I am looking to cut back on my workload and want a semi retirement job. Pay the Bills- insurance... I know where I want to go but they currently have no openings but hoping one opens up in the next 6 months.
          How is the job search, or non-search, going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Yeah, that's not going to happen.
            I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              looks like we used multi plus 0.75 for VD 7 and VD8, but multi plus 1 for VD10 and VD12. I think VD11 was straight multiplication.
              I think I'm only now realizing the impact of multi plus 1. Punting strategies are not as impossible as they were with straight multi. In fact, I think at least one or two drafters are purposely pursuing a punting strategy this draft.

Comment

We should try SDS again for the next one.
                Where was B-Fly for this?

Comment

How is the job search, or non-search, going?
                  I haven’t really look yet. I was planning on going to Florida in January then look when I get back. My perfect plan is to go with a friend of mine who wants me to help coach basketball with him when he lands a head job. To do that I will need a job that will allow me to be at school early in the afternoon,Saturday’s... So who better to work for them with him.

I’ve stayed pretty busy tho- hanging with my 5 grandkids and going to about 4 - 5 basketball games a week and joined a Poker league. Tomorrow night is our final table and I sit in first with the about 20,000 in chips. Winning prize is around 900.
                  Also been helping my 85 year old parents out who are starting to slow down.

Comment

I think I'm only now realizing the impact of multi plus 1. Punting strategies are not as impossible as they were with straight multi. In fact, I think at least one or two drafters are purposely pursuing a punting strategy this draft.
                    Yeah, I would be doing *much* better if this was an additive draft. Multi scoring is way better, though. The extreme strategies were so strong that non-punters really fought an uphill battle.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm down for decades next, then maybe franchise. Would a letter/decade/franchise combo be feasible? I think I floated this idea many moons ago and it was quickly shot down IIRC.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I'm down for decades next, then maybe franchise. Would a letter/decade/franchise combo be feasible? I think I floated this idea many moons ago and it was quickly shot down IIRC.
                        We did it once before

It was nuts, but also pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          So is this another mysterious "friend" like MookieTyme that only you are able to contact ? I mean if you want to draft multiple teams using an alias we'd all be fine with it I think.
                          It's hard managing all these accounts. You gotta make sure you have the right login.

Comment

It blocks the extreme punts, but doesn't punish minor punts quite as hard ... and crucially still allows down-the-middle drafting to be viable. For a while it was punt or die.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              We did it once before

It was nuts, but also pretty cool.
                              I can't believe I missed that...or that I can't recall participating.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Sup
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X