No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I’m up but am picking my sister up at airport and won’t be at my computer until later . Sorry

Comment

• Picks I feel good about:
      Stan Musial - who doesn't love Stan the Man?
      Phil Niekro - that picking is working exactly as I planned it, tallying his good career W/K numbers at a crap letter and absorbing his awful career ratios with the Big Train. I'll finish in the lower half in career ratios but not at the bottom
      Charlie Sweeney - his BY ratios are letting me absorb some relievers at crap letters and garner their saves while eating their ratios. Quality name, too.
      Chief Bender - apparently picked him just in time, his career ratios let me take Lolich, plus he has nice win totals

Picks I regret:
      Heinie Zimmerman - this pick sucks heinie - horrible time to take a Z given the modern players added at that letter
      Lave Cross - I guess I needed a catcher by that point, but he's helping me in offensive categories where I don't need help, and it was not the best use of top letter
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Should be an interesting finale. I've completed projections, but haven't fully optimized them yet. Still, it's shaping up to be a "Fightin' Finish"!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I know I’m up but am picking my sister
          I don't think your sister is eligible. Does she have at least 100 ABs during some MLB season?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Should be an interesting finale. I've completed projections, but haven't fully optimized them yet. Still, it's shaping up to be a "Fightin' Finish"!

Projections from 5 rounds out ... that's eager.

I aint doing that

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Projections from 5 rounds out ... that's eager.

I aint doing that
              I was doing projections 14 rounds out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I don't think your sister is eligible. Does she have at least 100 ABs during some MLB season?
                I think his sister can usually be found at third base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I was doing projections 14 rounds out!
                  I was referring to the humans.

Comment

I was referring to the humans.
                    5 rounds is really not too bad. The problems are, what order do you project? I usually just take one drafter at a time, so the order of players picked could get skewed. Still, I've nailed quite a few so far (including your pick of Prince Rogers Nelson).

Comment

I think his sister can usually be found at third base.
                      I don't know about that.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

5 rounds is really not too bad. The problems are, what order do you project? I usually just take one drafter at a time, so the order of players picked could get skewed. Still, I've nailed quite a few so far (including your pick of Prince Rogers Nelson).
                        I'd be more inclined to project a Decades draft. That's easy mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I don't know about that.
                          What do you know?

Comment

If you have any correct projections of my choices I will be damn impressed given how little I've planned in advance.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• When I do projections, I get very few of them right (<10%), but I still find them very useful in guiding my own picks.

For the last couple rounds, they take on a different character where I do try to get as many of the other picks correct as I can and hope to hit on 50% or more.

Comment

• I do hope we can do another one of these after this ends. Vintage drafting is such a mindf!ck in the best way. I think it's probably as good for the brain as doing crosswords or sudoku or the various other things people do to keep their minds sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X