No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next pick is up shortly. Probably won't be made until 5ish CST. Unfortunately, the paying job has to come first.

Comment

• I'm literally sitting waiting for Hacko to pick, and he picked like hours ago!

How'd I missed that?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'm literally sitting waiting for Hacko to pick, and he picked like hours ago!

How'd I missed that?
        ... and I could have just skip picked Wetteland anyhoos.

Comment

• Wetteland - yet another guy, along with Chief Bender last round, where I wonder whether passing/waiting on them was a terrible mistake. Doc Gooden, too. I have no fucking idea what happened to this draft.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Didn't want to pick Gooden, but could have lost my only 2 viable options if I didn't. There will be an insane amount of G modern hitters left over this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I'm literally sitting waiting for Hacko to pick, and he picked like hours ago!

How'd I missed that?
              . Probably because your PM box is full. I tried to send you a message.

Comment

• I could have got cute and waited on Upshaw as there is a good chance the guys left with U weren't going to pick him, but if I lose him I have to really adjust what I think is my best course.

Comment

• I'm about to board a flight, but I'll pick this evening at the latest, assuming Mookie picks in the mean time.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    I'm about to board a flight, but I'll pick this evening at the latest, assuming Mookie picks in the mean time.
                    I picked.

Comment

• 1.01. the world according to Garp

Its like babe ruth and walter johnson in a single pick
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another pick maybe I could wait on, only two people needed a P, but keeping CRW and a WC now gives me plenty of flexibility. The question is can I figure out the combination that works best?

Comment

• I haven't had a true ARRRRRGGGGHHH yet (and crossing my fingers I won't in the next couple rounds) but I have had some players I was hoping would last longer than they did:

Dutch Leonard
                          Jim Thome
                          Zack Greinke
                          Sparky Lyles
                          Catfish Hunter
                          Dwight Gooden
                          Warren Spahn
                          JJ Putz
                          Brian Downing
                          Mickey Welch
                          Ernie Lombardi
                          Hisashi Iwakuma
                          Jeff Bagwell

And some players that I knew were overdue but I would have had to take if they gone another round or two:

Todd Helton
                          Tom Daly
                          Carl Hubbell
                          Christian Yelich
                          Roy Campanella
                          Lee Smith
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I was definitely considering taking Campanella and moving Biggio to 2B when he got taken.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Actually, I guess the Torre-Fisk combo back-to-back right before my pick in Round 6 would count as an ARGH, but that happened so long ago, I'm finally numb to it. The pain only haunts me occasionally in my dreams now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Actually, I guess the Torre-Fisk combo back-to-back right before my pick in Round 6 would count as an ARGH, but that happened so long ago, I'm finally numb to it. The pain only haunts me occasionally in my dreams now.
                                I screwed myself so hard this draft that I have to pick all my players in a bad order just to field a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X