No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm on a plane all day tomorrow and in Japan until Sunday the 16th. Not taking a computer with me so ill just be picking off my expert knowledge of VDs and other draft lists. If someone can keep the history thread up to date so I don't have to misspick 20 times, that will expedite things a good bit.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hubble in the 14th ... nice one.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Hubble in the 14th ... nice one.
        How did that happen ? Wow
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Was it that good? Not that I know what I'm doing, and it certainly seemed like the right choice, but he went in round 20 in VD9 so I thought I was going a bit early.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Was it that good? Not that I know what I'm doing, and it certainly seemed like the right choice, but he went in round 20 in VD9 so I thought I was going a bit early.
            A reflection of it being a 12 man draft, and us probably overvaluing him in the past. Solid pick.

Comment

• That last round since I last pick just emptied my short list. That was brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                How did that happen ? Wow
                I've always been the biggest Hubbell fan. Still haven't loaded my scoring.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Time to roll the dice.

2 WC's played, neither at BCMSW. can't think that's happened before.

Comment

• Heye has used two M's and Hacko two B's.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I felt like I had a bunch of options with where to take my team after my last couple picks. Round 14 has really trimmed a bunch of those options. I still have some good alternatives, but I need to determine the critical paths that I need for this turn.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I decided I needed the ratios more than the saves from Orosco's best year. I don't know if that will be a wise choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I decided I needed the ratios more than the saves from Orosco's best year. I don't know if that will be a wise choice.
                          Ohhh I hate picks like that. In my experience, the right choice is usually the gut choice ... The one that feels like it will fit better. When I overthink things and change my mind I typically regret it.

Comment

• I really wanted two players at that pick. Had to choose one. I think both would have been gone before it came back to me. Was anyone else looking at Thigpen in the next couple rounds? The T run kinda pushed me over the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              I really wanted two players at that pick. Had to choose one. I think both would have been gone before it came back to me.
                              Who was the other one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Who was the other one?
                                Eddie Gaedel, but he came up just short

Comment

Working...
                                X