• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Your draft's in jeopardy
    Oooooo....ooo...ooo...ooooooooooh
    --------------------------------------
    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• 3.02 Blac-KEN-ed Chic-KEN

Double word score.

BOOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Big fan as well, have you tried Buffalo Trace?
        I have, very smooth. Glad we can agree on something

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Peak Years - no way! Way too complicated.

How about just a single decade or era, like we never completed?
          The point would be to get a complete set of draftable and sortable combined years averaged in a spreadsheet ... So it would look like simple Best Year lines.

All the relevant data would have to be available before we start.

In fact the best range per player is almost always obvious, so the number of draftable lines per player will be much less than BY options.

Let me give you some examples and data before you decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            3.02 Blac-KEN-ed Chic-KEN

Double word score.

BOOM.
            winner, winner, Chic-KEN dinner
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Peak Years - no way! Way too complicated.
              Really ? I thought too complicated was the whole point ?
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 3.03 https://www.nytimes.com/crosswords/game/kenken
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I have that game on my phone

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Really ? I thought too complicated was the whole point ?
                    LOL yeah, but if I have to create another entire spreadsheet, one that's 15+ years in the making, I don't really have much interest.

Comment

LOL yeah, but if I have to create another entire spreadsheet, one that's 15+ years in the making, I don't really have much interest.
                      Wouldn't you just replace the Best Year rows with Peak Year rows and leave the spreadsheet the same?

Comment

Wouldn't you just replace the Best Year rows with Peak Year rows and leave the spreadsheet the same?
                        Yeah, but it's coming up with and getting those Peak Years in that's the issue.

Comment

• On a separate issue, reminds me to add a collated sheet to the spreadsheet with BY and career combined on a single row. Been meaning to do this for a while. Could be very useful for people to mess with ranking formulas without effecting the dynamic parts of the spreadsheet.

This can be easily done for peak years also. It's like a 5 minute job. Then copy paste your ranking formulas over ... they wouldn't need to really change between formats.

Peak years would just modify the values of players slightly, in the same vein as First, Last, Decades, Franchise and combo drafts do.

The point would be to find a balance between career average stats which puniah players with long careers, and BY which overvalues players with a spectacular one off career year.

Assuming of course that we can call gather all the data in a simple way.

Comment

Yeah that's the thing. If we can't then it's dead. If we can, it'd be a really cool deviation.

Comment

Given "all" years, which I believe we have somewhere, and a reasonable set of who the draftable players are (in order to establish average values and standard deviations so we can identify which peaks are the most "valuable" for each player since that term is context dependent), I can create that list and distribute it out pretty easily.

Comment

Given "all" years, which I believe we have somewhere, and a reasonable set of who the draftable players are (in order to establish average values and standard deviations so we can identify which peaks are the most "valuable" for each player since that term is context dependent), I can create that list and distribute it out pretty easily.
                                If you want to do that, that's great.

Having "peak years" would mean literally having every season for every draftable player on a SS. My BY spreadsheet alone has over 4,000 rows -- this one would probably have 10x that.

Comment

Working...
                                X